Default Child Custody Interrogatories

Hi All. I have a quick question. This involves the state of FLORIDA.

My boyfriend has a minor son and he is going through an child custody issue. My question is, I know they use interrogatories when you are married / divorced, do they also use them when the parents have NOT been married? Can they?

He was going to propound interrogatories to her (his son's mother) but he wasn't 100% sure if that's allowed since they were not married. I believe both parties still have to comply with Full Disclosure...etc... but I could be mistaken?

Not sure if this is relevant; he is attempting to work out a joint custody / shared responsibility plan with her even though he recently relocated 3.5 miles away (had to b/c of work). He would like to have all the necessary documents filed & he wasn't sure about this one.

Note: there has NEVER been any disclosure....no bank statements, no interrogatories..etc.. Visitation / Custody was never really determined (well she is the primary residential parent so it has been decided somewhat prior), just child support back in 2007.

Thanks!

Default Re: Child Custody Interrogatories

Quote Quoting HeatherDawn76
    View Post
    Hi All. I have a quick question. This involves the state of FLORIDA.

My boyfriend has a minor son and he is going through an child custody issue. My question is, I know they use interrogatories when you are married / divorced, do they also use them when the parents have NOT been married? Can they?

He was going to propound interrogatories to her (his son's mother) but he wasn't 100% sure if that's allowed since they were not married. I believe both parties still have to comply with Full Disclosure...etc... but I could be mistaken?

Not sure if this is relevant; he is attempting to work out a joint custody / shared responsibility plan with her even though he recently relocated 3.5 miles away (had to b/c of work). He would like to have all the necessary documents filed & he wasn't sure about this one.

Note: there has NEVER been any disclosure....no bank statements, no interrogatories..etc.. Visitation / Custody was never really determined (well she is the primary residential parent so it has been decided somewhat prior), just child support back in 2007.

Thanks!
    Yes, interrogatories can be used in all domestic relations/family court cases.

Yes, both parties are required to make certain disclosures.

These things are covered in the Rules of Civil Procedure at : http://phonl.com/fl_law/rules/frcp

In the Florida Family Law rules at:
    http://phonl.com/fl_law/rules/famlawrules

In the Florida statutes in Chapter 61 at:
    www.flsenate.gov/STATUTES

He can find the forms and other info at:
    www.flcourts.org

1. Sponsored Links