Default Rear Ended

Hi, last August I was at a red light in downtown Los Angeles when I was suddenly rear-ended and was pushed into the car in front. My car sustained the most damage, in the front, and the front car's bumper had a pretty good dent, but the big pickup truck that rear-ended me appeared to have no damage at all. We all exchanged information, and called the police, but they weren't showing up after over 20 minutes of waiting, and everyone was yelling at us to get off the road, so we just decided to leave. The next day, my insurance company called me and told me that the guy who rear-ended me was denying responsibility for the accident. I hired the lawyer that I used the last time I was rear-ended, but the case hasn't been resolved yet. Now yesterday, I got a call from my insurance company saying that the party in front is suing me for damages and injury. I have to appear in small claims court in two weeks. So I called my lawyer's office, and they told me that they will schedule me to go to small claims against the guy in the back soon. I have several questions. How could the guy rear-end me and deny responsibility? Why did he give me his information if he is saying he wasn't the cause of the accident? Could he be saying I came to a sudden stop (which is not true)? Could the fact that his car had no damage, and we didn't file a police report work against my case? Also, it appears I have to go to court against this guy AFTER I go to court against the people in front. Don't I have to go to court and win against this guy BEFORE to have a good case against the people in front? I am just so angry that this guy rear-ended me and might get away with it just by saying he didn't do it, or by saying I was at fault, and I might be the one taking responsibility for everything. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Default Re: Rear Ended

. How could the guy rear-end me and deny responsibility?
    He just says "it wasn't my fault".

Why did he give me his information if he is saying he wasn't the cause of the accident?
    You gave him yours too didn;t you? You typically exchange info at an accident.

Could he be saying I came to a sudden stop (which is not true)?
    I don;t know. He is too far away for me to hear him.
    Could the fact that his car had no damage, and we didn't file a police report work against my case?
    absolutely

Also, it appears I have to go to court against this guy AFTER I go to court against the people in front.
    you can delay the first trial since there are facts to be determined in the second case that are needed in the first case and they are not determined yet.

Don't I have to go to court and win against this guy BEFORE to have a good case against the people in front?
    it would help

So, where is your insurance company in all of this. They will provide legal representation to defend you against a claim such as this.

1. Sponsored Links