Default Do I Have the Right to Sell the Car

I bought a used car from a dealer for cash. Car title was signed over to me. I then proceeded to have the title put in my name at the DMV in the process i had to surrender the title. After a couple of weeks I get a letter saying that there was a junking or salvage title on the car that was issued to a salvage company. Im from Illinois, am i allowed to sell the car for parts or to dispose of it in any way since i did pay for it even if it is not titled in my name. i just want to rid of this car from my property.

Default Re: Do I Have the Right to Sell the Car

not real sure where the salvage title comes in. A car with a salvage title can be sold as long as this fact is disclosed. If the salvage company received a salvage title and the car was subsequently sold to some party and it eventually ended up with you, the only claim you would have is against the car dealer for not disclosing the salvage title. You should attempt t rescind the sale.

If the dealership did not have legal title to the car, no, you cannot sell or part out the car. You need to return it to the dealer and get your money back.

In other words, it appears the only action you have available to you is to rescind the sale with the dealership and get your money back.

1. Sponsored Links