Default New Can New Judge Throw Out Old Judge's Orders to Terminate My Visitations

Nevada

3.5 years ago I filed for visitation under NRS125C.050 (2). Son was custodial parent. Mother was dead. Judge Ordered I met requirements of subsections (2) & (3) of statute. In June, 2006 the parties (with attorneys) wrote an "agreement" and Judge1 signed it into an Order and Stipulation RE: Settlement of all issues ("Order/Stip") and this became the prevailing order we followed.

January, 2009 I requested the Court to Order other party to COMPY with the ("Order/Stip"). We were reassigned to Judge2. Other party filed OPPS (not need to comply) and also filed a counter-motion to "terminate visitations" and using the USSC rules found in "Troxel case." We "replied" that other party tried to use "troxel case" in 2005 which Judge1 denied it's use (sticking to the Nevada statute NRS125C.050 (2) & (3). March 10, 2009 Judge2's decision included that the "Order/Stip" was "thrown out" and that "visitation was terminated" - using "words" from the Troxel case (quoted by other side in their litigation).

Can Judge2 throw out an Order by another Judge and that Order was by agreement with other side (a contract)? Can Judge2 bypass the NV Statute (amended after troxel in 2002) and use the troxel case of 2000?

Should I ask for a rehearing, reconsideration and also file an appeal?

Signed "Sad"

Default Re: New Can New Judge Throw Out Old Judge's Orders to Terminate My Visitations

Yes, it's possible for a court to reverse a prior order.

We can't advise you on the likelihood of success on rehearing or appeal; we don't have the necessary information. If you didn't have a lawyer assisting you at the time of this hearing, it's time to consult one.

1. Sponsored Links