Default Multiple Drug Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland

Approximately 2 years ago, a friend of mine set me up with someone and asked me to deliver an ounce of marijuana to the person for him. I did so, as a favor to a friend, and turns out the person was an undercover police officer for the drug task force. I felt suspicious of the person and no longer answered his calls or sold to him for my friend, even though I am not a drug dealer. I was merely delivering the "goods". A year and a half later I got pulled over because of my dark window tint and the officer told me I had a warrant for my arrest. The warrant was for the charges "distribution of a controlled dangerous substance" and "possession of a controlled dangerous substance". While getting stopped and handcuffed, I have a metal smoking device in my vehicle which the arresting officer found and 10 grams of cocaine bagged up into seperate packages. I am face multiple charges which include possession of cocaine, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, possession of paraphenalia, and possession of marijuana (even thouh i had no marijuana on me, there were traces of thc in the smoking device. On top of that i have the charges from two years ago when i sold the marijuana to the undercover police officer. I have the best and most expensive lawyer in my area but am curious as to what will happen to me? I am a full time student and work two jobs. i volunteer for geriatrics as well and am a christian and an active member in my church. How much jail time will i get if any? How much probabation? Can i pay fines instead of going to jail?

Default Re: Multiple Drug Charges

Quote Quoting Messick0014
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland

Approximately 2 years ago, a friend of mine set me up with someone and asked me to deliver an ounce of marijuana to the person for him. I did so, as a favor to a friend, and turns out the person was an undercover police officer for the drug task force. I felt suspicious of the person and no longer answered his calls or sold to him for my friend, even though I am not a drug dealer. I was merely delivering the "goods". A year and a half later I got pulled over because of my dark window tint and the officer told me I had a warrant for my arrest. The warrant was for the charges "distribution of a controlled dangerous substance" and "possession of a controlled dangerous substance". While getting stopped and handcuffed, I have a metal smoking device in my vehicle which the arresting officer found and 10 grams of cocaine bagged up into seperate packages. I am face multiple charges which include possession of cocaine, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, possession of paraphenalia, and possession of marijuana (even thouh i had no marijuana on me, there were traces of thc in the smoking device. On top of that i have the charges from two years ago when i sold the marijuana to the undercover police officer. I have the best and most expensive lawyer in my area but am curious as to what will happen to me? I am a full time student and work two jobs. i volunteer for geriatrics as well and am a christian and an active member in my church. How much jail time will i get if any? How much probabation? Can i pay fines instead of going to jail?
    Give us the exact statute numbers and number of charges per.

Several of these are "wobblers" depending on what they charged you with...

I will say that your life is about to take some interesting turns.

You are a drug user, drug mule and drug distributor. That is some heavy stuff... especially for a guy that, apparently, thought it was all in fun.

Default Re: Multiple Drug Charges

The weed charges w. a good lawyer getting probation is possabile.The cocaine especialy intent to sell is a serious charge..If the lawyer can't reduce the cocaine,you could be looking at years.Ask your lawyer about what type of plea bargain he can work out for you.

1. Sponsored Links