Question Thirty Day Notice

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Alabama

A year ago I did a favor for a family member(IN WHICH I REGRET BIG TIME) and signed an apartment lease in my name for a cousin. The lease ends in two weeks, but he refuses to leave. Was I responsible for given him a thirty day notice that the lease was about to come to an end? He knew the lease was for 1 year and he knew the exact date that the lease was to end

Here is the complete background:
    The lease is in my name.
    I never stayed there.I have my own residence.
    He was responsible for the rent every month.
    I signed the lease in my name because his rental application was denied.
    After I signed the lease, I turned a hard copy of the lease over to him so he can read it. He was more familiar with the lease than I was.
    The lease was for 1 year.
    I already gave the landlord 60 day notice that the lease will not be renewed.
    The landlord has already pre-leased the apartment to another teneant which is to begin in two weeks.
    My cousin submitted a notice to the landlord requesting that the lease be extended two months, but was denied because his name is not on the lease and because the apartment has been pre-leased to someone else.

Was I responsible for given cousin thirty day notice that the lease was about to end?

He had a hard copy of the lease agreement and knew the agreement better than I.

Default Re: Thirty Day Notice

I already gave the landlord 60 day notice that the lease will not be renewed.
    But did not send a copy to your cousin?

We're no more familiar with what the lease agreement said than you are, but it seems to me that if you were the one named on the lease, then it was your responsibility to let your cousin know that the lease was not going to be renewed.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

1. Sponsored Links