Default Unwed Mother's Rights

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas

I am a 37 year old unwed expectant mother. The baby's father and I are no longer dating. I would like to know what my rights are.

1) Do I HAVE to allow him to come to Dr. Visits? He chose not to come to the first 3, and Now decides he wants to be a part...after I broke up with him

2) Do I HAVE to allow him in the delivery room? He has caused duress during the first part of my pregnancy, almost causing a miscarriage. I dont think at this point I want the stress of him in the room during my C-Section.

3) Do I HAVE to give the baby the father's last name? We are not married, I do not plan to marry him...

4) I plan on nursing my child once it is born, what are the laws regarding visitation - I dont want to send my newborn away to his house for 2 days during the first few months...are there any guidlines regarding that?

He has also told me that he will not 'allow' me to have another man in my life...and that he will need to meet everyone in my life....I find this rediculous....

Default Re: Unwed Mother's Rights

Quote Quoting tc1972
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas

I am a 37 year old unwed expectant mother. The baby's father and I are no longer dating. I would like to know what my rights are.

1) Do I HAVE to allow him to come to Dr. Visits? He chose not to come to the first 3, and Now decides he wants to be a part...after I broke up with him
    No.

2) Do I HAVE to allow him in the delivery room? He has caused duress during the first part of my pregnancy, almost causing a miscarriage. I dont think at this point I want the stress of him in the room during my C-Section.
    No.

3) Do I HAVE to give the baby the father's last name? We are not married, I do not plan to marry him...
    No.

4) I plan on nursing my child once it is born, what are the laws regarding visitation - I dont want to send my newborn away to his house for 2 days during the first few months...are there any guidlines regarding that?
    Until and unless he establishes paternity and a court orders visitation, you are under no legal obligation to speak to him in any way, shape, or form, nor to provide any information about or access to the child.

He has also told me that he will not 'allow' me to have another man in my life...and that he will need to meet everyone in my life....I find this rediculous....
    That's because it IS ridiculous. Time to start thinking about a restraining order for this controlling jerk.

Default Re: Unwed Mother's Rights

There is no judge in any jurisdiction that will allow your ex boyfriend and father of your child to dictate whom you date.... unless there is a reason (valid to the court) for your child not to be around that person (child molester, for instance).

1. Sponsored Links