Default How Much for an Immigration Lawyer to I-485 Case

Hi,

I am considering to hire a lawyer to do paperwork for my marriage-base I-485 application and I wonder how much the average cost is. Sb told me it's about $5000, and other said it's just $300-$500. I appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Default Re: How Much is for an Immigration Lawyer to I-485 Case

It's almost impossible to answer these types of questions because it varies for each law firm. You can call a lawyer for free consultations, or you can always do it yourself it's really not that difficult. I know all the paperwork seems intimidating but once you read the instructions a few times it's nowhere near as tough as it sounds, unless of course English isn't your best language.

Default Re: How Much is for an Immigration Lawyer to I-485 Case

The thing to remember is that a lawyer charges for every second they work on your case, so as much as you can do on your own the better....read up on the process over and over and prepare your questions in advance. It also will depend on how complex your case is...The forms alone will cost about $1800. If you have all the documentation prepared and organized, you could probably expect the lawyer to spend at least $1000 worth of time filling out the forms and answering your questions.

Start reading here

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A1eng.pdf

Also read throught the forms and instructions they mention here http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

It will give you more instuctions and an idea of how much the forms will cost.

Default Re: How Much for an Immigration Lawyer to I-485 Case

If it's just a regular I-485 AOS with an I-130 and all supporting documents the total is $1345.00 If you need the I-485a then it's an extra $1000.00. Like i said, it's not difficult to do it on your own, if you can't understand the instructions then ask a friend to read them over for you. If you really need help then shoot me a PM, i'll gladly help you out when i got some time.

1. Sponsored Links