Post Collecting Back Child Support in Texas

My question involves child support in the State of: tx

in 2005 my mother took my father to court and she was to get half of his retirement from the military. At the time i was 17 and my brother was 11 and my sister was 18. He was ordered to also pay child support for me and my btother till we were 21 and pay for my sister forever because she is sickly. After that he decided to come home but never paid any of this and my mom didnt worry bout it because he swore up and down he was going to do right. Well now he's back to not paying any bills at the house and im wondering how do my mom and i go about getting all this owed to her. I was told since me and my sister are 21 we have to do something different and thats fine because we dont want the money for ourselves we want it for our mom because she really needs it and deserves.

Default Re: Collecting Back Child Support in Texas

Quote Quoting brewer09161987
    View Post
    My question involves child support in the State of: tx

in 2005 my mother took my father to court and she was to get half of his retirement from the military. At the time i was 17 and my brother was 11 and my sister was 18. He was ordered to also pay child support for me and my btother till we were 21 and pay for my sister forever because she is sickly. After that he decided to come home but never paid any of this and my mom didnt worry bout it because he swore up and down he was going to do right. Well now he's back to not paying any bills at the house and im wondering how do my mom and i go about getting all this owed to her. I was told since me and my sister are 21 we have to do something different and thats fine because we dont want the money for ourselves we want it for our mom because she really needs it and deserves.
    Your mother can file in court to enforce the court order.

Does your Daddy have a job?

he recently stopped working but is supposedly looking for a job but he gets a retirement check from the military every month and she is supposed to get half of that but she is not receiving it.

Quote Quoting brewer09161987
    View Post
    he recently stopped working but is supposedly looking for a job but he gets a retirement check from the military every month and she is supposed to get half of that but she is not receiving it.
    Your Mom needs to file in court to enforce the order. Until she does, nothing will get done.

1. Sponsored Links