Cool Filing to End Timed Spousal Support

My question involves divorce in the State of: AZ

My ex and I agreed to 2 yrs of rehabilitative alimony. The last payment is coming up in April an I am wondering when I should file to get it stopped, before the last payment or after it is all paid?

The ex recently quit her job and in this economy I do not see her getting another one soon. I am fairly sure she will protest the end of alimony and try to get it extended (we were married 11yrs). I am not too worried since she has been cohabiting for 2 yrs now and instead of going to nursing school she has vacationed and only worked for maybe 3months out of the last 2 yrs (her choice).

I just want to limit her chance to contest, so I am thinking of filing after the last payment(in Az I can file 90 days ahead), even though that will extend my payments for at least 30 -45 days.

Opinions Please? Thanks

Default Re: Filing to End Timed Spousal Support

I can't read your order from here. If the order does not provide for alimony to automatically stop, or you are concerned that the alimony won't be automatically stopped despite the order, then sure, bring a motion.

1. Sponsored Links