Default Car Accident - Failure to Yield Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: South Carolina

Hello,

I was in an intersection on a highway. I had my left signal and I was making a left turn. There was another car with a right signal and in the right turning lane. There was a green light on my part and no cars going strait, so I made a left turn. The other car cuts out of the lane (last second) with his right blinker still on (he didn't signal) and I end up hitting him because of it. I understand I am at fault, but I do believe he is at fault as well. The problem is that when the accident happen people only saw me hit him. The cop looked at the tire marks to show that the other driver was trying to turn away from me. I ended up getting a failure to yeild ticket. My college teacher is actually the judge. I have class with him the day before court. Is it illegal for me to talk to him about the case prior before it happends? Also, am I guilty of failure to yield even though the other guy was in the process of turning and cuts through the other line without signaling? The police report says he was going strait and I turned into him. The cop didn't listen to anything I had to say.

Default Re: Car Accident - Failure to Yield Ticket

If your college instructor is ethical, he will decline to discuss the case with you ex parte. Depending upon your relationship, there's a question as to whether a different judge should be hearing the case.

From what you say, or at least from what you appear to be saying, you failed to yield. The other driver may deserve a ticket as well.

Default Re: Car Accident - Failure to Yield Ticket

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/666...44scenepng.png

That's what happened exactly. I made a diagram. I'm pleading no contest and hoping I don't get a full 4 points on my license. He's in the blue and I'm the red

1. Sponsored Links