Default Accident Without Insurance - Just Got a Bill from Other Party's Insurance Company

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: New York

My accident happened on a two way, 3-lanes on each way street.
    There was a double parked car, I signaled to go around the car to the 2nd lane.
    As I went around, an Audi turned left onto my lane and hit my commercial van around the front wheel.

The police report states that I hit the opposition but impact shows this is obviously not true. And also states, I failed to yield right of way along with unsafe lane change.

My business has been struggling as of late and I had to skip out on my insurance payment letting it lapse without coverage.

I got a bill for approx, $8000 from my opposition's insurance company. I don't know what I should do. I currently don't have $8000.00 to pay nor money to buy a lawyer just to hit or miss on who's fault the accident is.

What are my options?

Thanks for any good advice.

Default Re: Accident Without Insurance - Just Got a Bill from Other Party's Insurance Company

As I see it, you can (a) pay the bill, (b) try to negotiate a lesser payment, or (c) do nothing and see what further steps they take.

1. Sponsored Links