Default I Want to Move Out of My Dads House and Move in with My Babys Daddy

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Colorado

I will be 16 next year and I want information on how I can go about leaving my dads house to live with my fiance in wray colorado.. I dont know if my dad will sign for emancipation. I asked this same question on yahoo! answers.com and a gurl told me that I dont need my dads permission to move out at 16 because she had the same problems Im having.. She moved out at 15 the police got called and told her to wait til she was 16 to move out because the parents cant make you go back and neither can the police.... She is in the state of Colorado too!! So I was woundering if that is true or not.
    I guess you need to know the reason why I want to move out so that you know more about the issue.. I want to move out because my drinks all the time and when he does he seems to get a bit aggresive and angry. He has hit me quite a few times and I dont need that because im pregnant. I cant stand living in his house any more because his new girlfriend which is technically my half aunt because she had a daughter with my uncle.. Her name is Veronica.. I cant stand her anymore... She takes my dad away from me I barely get time to spend with him. And there is tooo many people living in that household. Its a 3 bedroom trailer and there is 6 people staying there.. It CRAZY.. So please help me out.. Is it true that when i turn 16 in the state of colorado that i can move out without his permission if I have a job (which I do) and a place to live (which I do) and I can support myself (which I can and my fiance will be around too but he has a good paying job also)
    I really need to get out of his house before I lose my baby.(im one month pregnant)

Default Re: I Want to Move Out of My Dads House and Move in with My Babys Daddy

Quote Quoting Lovergurl*
    View Post
    My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Colorado

I will be 16 next year and I want information on how I can go about leaving my dads house to live with my fiance in wray colorado.. I dont know if my dad will sign for emancipation.
    Colorado does not have an emancipation statute.

Did you read the sticky at the top of the thread before posting as instructed?

I asked this same question on yahoo! answers.com and a gurl told me that I dont need my dads permission to move out at 16 because she had the same problems Im having.. She moved out at 15 the police got called and told her to wait til she was 16 to move out because the parents cant make you go back and neither can the police.... She is in the state of Colorado too!! So I was woundering if that is true or not.
    Colorado does not have an emancipation statute.

That doesn't mean it is easy or hard. It means that it cannot happen.

I guess you need to know the reason why I want to move out so that you know more about the issue.. I want to move out because my drinks all the time and when he does he seems to get a bit aggresive and angry. He has hit me quite a few times and I dont need that because im pregnant. I cant stand living in his house any more because his new girlfriend which is technically my half aunt because she had a daughter with my uncle.. Her name is Veronica.. I cant stand her anymore... She takes my dad away from me I barely get time to spend with him. And there is tooo many people living in that household. Its a 3 bedroom trailer and there is 6 people staying there.. It CRAZY.. So please help me out.. Is it true that when i turn 16 in the state of colorado that i can move out without his permission if I have a job (which I do) and a place to live (which I do) and I can support myself (which I can and my fiance will be around too but he has a good paying job also)
    I really need to get out of his house before I lose my baby.(im one month pregnant)
    If you are being abused, call child protective services.

The chances of a pregnant teen becoming emancipated in ANY state are vanishingly remote (I notice that you did not mention YOUR job or where YOU will be living independently or how YOU will support yourself and your child or where YOU will get health insurance, or where YOU....).

The chances of a judge allowing a pregnant teen to become emancipated so that she can live with (and it actually makes me throw up a little to use this phrase) her "baby daddy" are none.... even if you just won the lottery.

The girl on Yahoo was lying.

First of all, until you are 18 (not 15, not 16, not 17 but 18) your parents say where you live. If you move out when you are 17 years and 364 days or younger, your parents can on their own or with the help of the police drag your little butt back home. And yes, I am quite sure that is the case in Colorado. There is NO state where the age of majority is younger than 18 - there are states where it is older. It is NOT true in ANY state that you can move out at 16 without permission. Whether you have a job or not. Whether you have a place to live or not.

There has never in the history of the United States been a judge who would emancipate a teenager, pregnant or not, against the will of their parent so that the teen can go live with his or her boyfriend or girlfriend. (I'm sorry - I simply CANNOT use that nauseating phrase.) But, as has been already indicated, Colorado does not have an emancipation statute at all. That means that you cannot be emancipated. Period.

If you are being abused, call CPS. But that will not get you emancipated and it will most definitely not get you living with your boyfriend. In fact, since you are under the age of consent in CO, depending on how old your boyfriend is, it might get him put in jail.

Ditto both previous posters.

1. Sponsored Links