Default Speeding in CA - Ticketed in NV

Hello! I got a speeding ticket tonight - 22349 (a) 75+ MPH - I was lasered near Stateline in California. I didn't think the cop was trying to pull me over, so I kept going. When I realized it was me he was going after, I pulled over. He said he understood why I didn't pull over. But I was in Nevada now. I didn't drive that far a mere 1 Mile.

I thought me actually being pulled over in Nevada was out of their Jurisdiction? Also on the ticket it says the ticket was executed in "Sierra CO" California. The California is hard printed on the ticket. The rest hand written.

Any ideas? Should I fight it? Should I send in a letter and say that they pulled me over in NV. But whats stopping the cops from saying they didnt?

Thanks!!! Love legal advice.

Default Re: Speeding in CA - Ticketed in NV

Quote Quoting Dustinring
    View Post
    I thought me actually being pulled over in Nevada was out of their Jurisdiction? Also on the ticket it says the ticket was executed in "Sierra CO" California. The California is hard printed on the ticket. The rest hand written.
    Nope. If the offense occurred in CA, he can stop you even in NV. Both CA and NV have reciprocal laws that permit the other agency from pursuing offenders into the other state for official purposes.

Any ideas? Should I fight it?
    If you fight it, fight it on the merits of a speed case, not on jurisdiction as the jurisdiction issue is a loser. If that's all you, or you don't have the time and gumption for a traffic trial, have then you might consider traffic school.

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links