Default Interstate Compact Transfer

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nevada and California

I am on Parole in Nevada and California, release from CA prison and currently residing in CA. I have requested to transfer to Nevada to live with my Domestic Partner (same sex). My CA parole officer talked with a NV parole officer and NV stated to not send the transfer as he/they would deny it due to my partner and I were named as co-defendents in my CA case.

My question is... Does NV have a case to deny, as my CA parole and my partners CA probation does not stipulate that we can not live together. Nor does my NV parole (approved parole plan) stipulate that we can not live together.

As my plan has not officially been denied, does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you

Default Re: CA/NV Interstate Compact Transfer

Quote Quoting catonv
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nevada and California

I am on Parole in Nevada and California, release from CA prison and currently residing in CA. I have requested to transfer to Nevada to live with my Domestic Partner (same sex). My CA parole officer talked with a NV parole officer and NV stated to not send the transfer as he/they would deny it due to my partner and I were named as co-defendents in my CA case.

My question is... Does NV have a case to deny, as my CA parole and my partners CA probation does not stipulate that we can not live together. Nor does my NV parole (approved parole plan) stipulate that we can not live together.

As my plan has not officially been denied, does anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you

Interesting case.

Since you where both convicted of a felony and the terms of your parole would be in violation if you lived with your partner. There are exemptions made for married people, however, in a case like this it would be considered a violation of your parole. I am not saying I agree with the law but you have to understand that they can say you are just doing this to live with a known criminial to commit more crimes.

I do not see you being able to get around this.

1. Sponsored Links