Default Parent Moved Adult Child Out of State Against Her Will

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Colorado

I told a friend
    Decided to hang out at a friends for the night, called my mom and told her, she said not to, I said I was going to, she threatened to call the police, I told her they wouldn't do anything because I'm 18, next day she packs all my things, "gives my a ride home" and doesn't say where we are going till we are out of town, it turns out we are going to the city, half way across the state! Then warns that we wont have phone service for awhile, so Id better find a place to stay!

I called my grandparents and they said I could stay for couple of days, but thats it.

What do I do?
    She told me:

Now if she abandon you out of no where she could potentially get into legal trouble for doing that. (Doing that to anyone 18+ or not could get them into legal trouble.)
    Is this true? Is there anything I can do? file charges, sue, etc. I am really mad about this, I was moving out in at most a month, everything was set to go, and BAM I am stuck in a city around 400 miles away without the ability to get back to where all my plans are!

Also, I did say "stop the car I am not going to denver"(and I was not intending to jump out a moving car!)

Plus, is there some agency obliged to help me?

Default Re: Having Been Driven Half the State Against My Will, I Am Quite Perturbed

Plus, is there some agency obliged to help me?
    Help me get home, I mean.

Default Re: Having Been Driven Half the State Against My Will, I Am Quite Perturbed

I forgot to add:

I had plans, I had applied at many places for a job, I had a place to stay I was going to move in to...

...and now I am around 400 miles away!

I hope that explains my situation a bit more, the intent on her part was to keep me from the plans I made, because she didn't like them...

Anyway, I have been looking around online...

(1) Any person who knowingly seizes and carries any person from one place to another, without his consent and without lawful justification, commits second degree kidnapping.
    http://www.michie.com/colorado/lpext....0#JD_18-3-302

So is this second degree kidnapping?

So is this your mom that you want to press charges against? Technically it is kidnapping, but i doubt police will do anything.

Default Re: Parent Moved Adult Child Out of State Against Her Will

Police may or may not be interested in taking a report. If you incur expenses (even if you borrow money from a friend or whatever) getting back, take mom to small claims court - be sure to DOCUMENT any expenses (gas, cab fare, or whatever).

Yeah, and no, to the first post, Its my mom but I don't want to press charges, and to the second, I'm halfway back on my feet, so I am going with some other plans.

I just want to find some agency or something obligated to help you in these events.

I just need bus fare, really.

There is no agency or program obligated to help you recover financially from a crime that you refuse to report. There ARE programs like crime victim compensation, but they require that you report the crime in a timely manner AND that you participate in the case against the offender. Other programs like non-profits don't just hand out money for bus far unless you are a participant in their program and are receiving case management services. Since you don't want to report the crime and aren't under program management, it really becomes a charity case. Make contact with your local churches, they are about your best bet.

1. Sponsored Links