Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Problems with MBS Properties

apples, thanks for offering to "help" if you are even capable of that, but for these people, it's far too little, and WAY TOO LATE. No, I was not fired. I was not aware MBS fired people, I though they just didn't pay their employees. Oh wait, yes they do. Two weeks late, and then the checks still bounce This has been reported by several employees, so once again, not an exaggeration. i wonder if that's the reason the Wage and Labor Board is investigating MBS and the EEOC has a lawsuit agianst them. HHMMMM

I'm sure you think you can take care of every single person's problem here, and that's just not possible. Furthermore, like i said, too little, too late, it's become legal now. I hope the best outcome for these residents/ex-residents. And I know you won't "argue disorganized ponits" because you can't. But that's okay. We knew once again that an MBS employee would not have the answers. Thanks for trying. Oh, and if the Maintenance is so stellar and on top of everything, why did they forget to turn off the timers on the sprinklers at the Retreat so they ran all night in the freezing cold and left approximately 2" thick sheets of ice all over the property????? This is NOT an exaggeration.

Apples, if you CAN help, it's not going to be at this level. what you need to do is educate your ENTIRE company and on site staff of EVERY property. Things like Fair Housing, such as sending a memo to the Retreat of hours children can play outside. CHILDREN?!?!?! That is SUCH a Fair Housing violation!!! You cannot restrict a certain age group of people to do or not do something on your property. DUH!!!!!! And how about training them on common freakin' courtesy. On several properties, checks and money orders were stolen/misplaced. rather than notify the residents, they just gave them eviction notices. How rude is that? Was it some kind of plan to see how pissed off they could get residents? What should have been done was ran a delinqeuncy, and sent everyone on it an eviction notice with a note attached stating the problem and that if they had paid rent already to provide proof within 24 hours. That would have been the "right" thing to do, since it was NOT the resident's fault the money was gone.
    good luck, apples, and i mean it. i do not stoop to levels of slander or petty quick remarks. i only state FACTS. these are facts, and if you can do something about them, GREAT!

Default To Elation

Elation,

It is really coincidental that we both moved out on the same date - 11th June 2005 and have the same problem.

I was at Bristol at Mayfield in Grand Prarie. Which property were you in? Also, would you be willing to talk to some News Editors in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?

I have been in contact with the following people at the Fort-Worth Star Telegram, which is owned by Knight Ridder. I am sure they own papers in Austin area.

The guys I spoke with at the Star-Telegram are :
    Mike Lee
    and Dave Lieber is supposed to be the guy who does the story.

At the Dallas Morning New, I spoke to Steve Brown.

At KTVT CBS affiliate, I spoke to Sarah Dodd.

If you all of you guys on this board want this company to take us seriously, please contact the above people at the media outlets and back my story!

Thanks

I will be happy to speak to them if they are ok with a story from San antonio.

I will contact all of the above if they are interested in San Antonio info also. I will also send copies of pictures and correspondance if they want it. I will also give this info to several other residents that I know will contact them.

Default Contacting Media

I am sure they will be happy to talk to you guys. Bottom line, if we band together, regardless of where you live if we prove this about MBS companies, then Knight Ridder can send the story to the San Antonio newspapers that they own, and the florida ones. My essential strategy here is to raise awareness of MBS strategy in all the states that they have properties in.

Oh by the way Apples before you accuse me of being a digruntled employee, let me state for the record that I have never been employed by MBS companies in anyway! In fact I used to work for United Technologies when I was in Texas, and currently work for Ingersoll Rand.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram's number is 817-390-7400

Steve Brown's email is stevebrown@dallasnews.com

In the subject heading to email, say "MBS Property Management - Failure to return Security Deposits". This way it catches his attention. I provided my full contact information so that they can contact me if they choose to do a story.

Email to KTVT - news@ktvt.com

Again, same subject heading, and address to Sarah Dodd.

Let us band together and teach these guys a lesson - that ex-tenants are not to be taken for granted. Let them realise that our generosity and patience has its limit and not to assume Naivete or ignorance on our part.

I would be happy to talk to them as well if they are interested in Austin info.

Default Contacting Media

Well, folks, surprise, surprise....

I actually got a check in the mail yesterday! Now, the question is
    whether it is going to clear, or whether it is going to bounce with NSF. I will keep you updated.

As far as contacting Media, I think, what everyone has to emphasize is that this company owns over 17,000 apartment units spread over several states.

As I mentioned yesterday, Knight Ridder owns the Fort Worth Star Telegram. They also have total of 32 Newspapers in 29 markets, inclulding the Miami Herald. http://www.kri.com/papers/

Obviously CBS affiliate, if you can get one station to air the story, then as long as it has relevance, other stations will pick it up.

1/3rd of MBS' properties are in Austin, San Antonio area - 4,996 units. I am sure that if you contact local CBS affiliate, in Austin, San Antonio area, you guys can get them to air the story locally.

If I can be of any help, I am happy to tell them the facts - It took MBS almost 6 months to return my deposit. Which belongs to me rightfully! I have nothing to be thankful for!

As far as the staff was concerned, Stacey and Beth seem very impersonal. However, at least they seem to do their job. Anyone who has security deposit problems should find out if either of them are the ones you need to talk to. From what I gather Stacey Johnson is the accounting person, and Beth Downey is the person who cuts the checks and mails them. Both of them can be reached at (504)836-5075.

If any of you need to reach me, my email is fwdude_2001@yahoo.com

Good luck to all of you.

Default Not getting a deposit back

I lived in an apartment complex that was bought by MBS. I moved out in July and I am still waiting for my deposit and my ceiling fan. Now that I have called the headquarters they are saying that the complex never sent my information. After calling the complex they have lost any documentation that I ever lived there and they don't want to pay the deposit. I see ya'll have had the same problems. I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau to let them know that I am not the only one going through this.
    Thanks.

Default this place sucks

my boyfriend and I moved here a few months ago and ever since we have moved in we have had nothing but problems. They have replaced the frige many times. We had a freeze full of food that went bad cause they replaced bad fridges with another bad fridge. we also have roaches in our apartment. along with the roaches we had a racoon die in the walls in the livingroom. We told them that when we moved in the was something in the wall and said that they would come set a trap and get it out but haven't there is still one in the walls but haven't done anything to fix the problem. our heater doesn't work right and it has been so cold lately. They say that it works fine but it doesn't warm up the house. The a/c doesn't work right either. our light bill runs us about $200 a month with all the trees that block out the direct sun light. They have made many copies of my key for the apartment and they don't have one of them. now they want me do go and have one made. they must be out of thier freek'n mind

You might want to cash that check quick. Iwas just informed by very reliable sources that MBS employess were told today that the company was filing bankruptcy.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast