Question Son Left in Middle East While Mother and Father Are in USA

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Colorado

I am the mother of a 12 year old boy who is being retained in Jordan by his father. Please note that neither my ex nor his family kept in contact with our son for the past 12 years of his life and he hasn't paid child support for a total of 7 years out of the 12.

My ex-husband (who lives in New Orleans) has managed to take physical custody of our son in Jordan and placed him in his sister's care although I have full custody in the USA (I live in Denver, CO) and I managed to have a bench warrant for my Exs arrest for not complying with a Colorado court order to lift the travel restriction.

Im currently working with both of the State department and the NCMEC trying to find a way to pressure my ex into surrendering our son to me.

I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction on how to go from there whether be it enforcing the bench warrant I have in Louisiana or filing criminal charges for interference in Custody.

I should mention that I went to Jordan with my son and upon coming back to the US I found out he put a restriction on our son's travel out of Jordan.

Default Re: Son Left in Middle East While Mother and Father Are in USA

I was going through a moment of despair half an hour ago when I received a phone call from a law firm I found online. They have a pro bono program and so I decided to approach them and ask for their help. I did the same with a number of law firms by the way. They were the only ones to come back to me right away and tell me they'll try to find someone and today they called me telling me one of their lawyers will be helping me with my case. I just emailed him all the documents I have. Please keep me and my son in your prayers.

1. Sponsored Links