Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Question Starting a Website & Registering in US or Abroad

    I am in the US on H1-B work visa(Texas). I am looking to start a simple website from which I expect revenue in the form of advertisements.

    I am looking at the following ways, which I think could be legal, to get the money to me. Can someone please help me understand which of the following ways may be acceptable?

    1. I wish to register the website aboard (for ex: in India) and also provide my back account number in India for getting the revenue that I receive the advertisements. Is that acceptable as per US H1-B immigration laws?

    2. I register the website in india itself and direct the revenue from advertisements towards a paypal account, and then get cheques from there. Is that acceptable?

    If there is an alternative way(s), please let me know.

    thank you very much.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Starting a Website & Registering in US or Abroad

    Doing side work for an overseas company while on an H1B visa isn't a problem, even if you own it. You're not allowed to work for a U.S.-based employer.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Starting a Business: Starting a Dating Website
    By zelliott in forum Business Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
  2. Copyright Law: Registering a Website with the U.S. Copyright Office
    By PiperMan in forum Intellectual Property
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM
  3. Registering a Dirtbike
    By aaron9696024 in forum Vehicle Registration and Title
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
  4. Grades and Credits: Registering For A Grade
    By jamiedwh in forum Education Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
  5. Starting a Business: Registering a Business Name
    By ckahn29 in forum Business Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources