Default Will I Be Denied Benefits if I Started Taking 1 100% Online Class

I have been on unemployment CA for almost three weeks. I have collected one check. A week ago I started an online class. Its one class that I can do at any time day or night for about an hour a day tops. When I get my continued claim form do I have to mark the box that says I am starting to attend a school? What will happen when I do this? I guess I will get a phone call and what will they ask me? What is the chance that my benefits will be cancelled?

Thanks

Default Re: Will I Be Denied Benefits if I Started Taking 1 100% Online Class

I very seriously doubt your UI will be stopped for taking one online class that you can do at any time. You just have to continue to be looking for work & be ready, willing & able to accept it.

It shouldn't matter. Do NOT mark the box about starting classes, since it's an online class. They are only concerned if it's a class on campus.

If you're taking a class, let them know you'll drop it in a heartbeat if it interferes with a work schedule from a prospective employer. In this case, if you can "attend" at any time you want via the Internet, it should be a non-issue. (But I wouldn't advise you to lie about it.)

I once had a phone interview with EDD and the interviewer wanted me to prove there were jobs in my area for the class I was taking. (I was taking a computer repair class). It's a good thing I did have the name of a company hiring in my area. Be ready to have a company reference for the training you're taking, just incase. It also helps to support your case.

1. Sponsored Links