Default Can't Get My Bond Back and Found Out They're Not a Registered Landlady

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: UK-England.

I moved into a property and rented a room with a woman and her children. I paid a month in advance of 380 and a security bond of 380.

I vacated on 6th Feb, she gave me a cheque for my bond, then called me up 2hours later to tell me she gave me a cheque from the wrong bank account. She wanted my new address to send me a new one but I asked her to pay it into my bank acc as I have had problems with her and didn't want her knowing my new address. She has since cancelled the cheque and has refused to pay me.

I have also just found out that she didn't actually register herself as a landlady and didn't claim through the inland revenue. I have threatened her with court, to no avail. I am in the process of filling out a money claim form online...what are my chances of winning and is there anything else I can do to get her to pay me my bond money back WITHOUT court???

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Can't Get My Bond Back and Found Out They're Not a Registered Landlady

This is a US legal information site.

For matters of UK law, you might try here.

1. Sponsored Links