Default Retaliation for Filing a Complaint With the EEOC

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: TX

I encountered a lot of grief the last month of my employment. The morning I was going to tell the employer that I had filed w/ the EEOC I was "laid off". The supervisor then stated that I would be able to return to my position once it was available again, but then I filed this lawsuit..."

Is this one little sentence retaliation?

What I cannot believe is what employers can get away with. It doesn't seem as though the laws cover the employees. What's the point in having them?

Default Re: Retaliation

I would have to agree that if you are not recalled to work solely because you filed with the EEOC, that is illegal retaliation. The trick is going to be getting him to admit that he said it.

Default Re: Retaliation

Yes, that's what concerns me. He's denied every other statement he's made by stating that it was misinterpreted or miscommunicated. That's why I was so stupid not to have waited until someone had showed up in the office and was a witness to the "lay off".

I've tried to contact the owner of the company to state my grievances and believed that I was being discriminated against but he never responded to my emails or calls. I couldn't get the HR person to listen so I filed the complaint right after I was reprimanded. Don't ask--personally, I think it was their way of getting me to leave. After I was reprimanded my supervisor and others no longer communicated with me, left me out of meetings, and my duties were being handed off to someone else. That's when I knew I was going to be either terminated or forced to resign.

The next thing I knew an employee contacted me the following day and stated that the whole company was aware that I had filed an EEOC complaint. I just couldn't believe it.

It's ridiculous to be honest.

1. Sponsored Links