Default How to Evict a Roomate Who Can't Pay Rent

My question involves a roommate in the State of: Virginia

My roomate is currently receiveing money from social services. 644 a month. however, the condition for the money is that he has to be a full time student and have a part time job, or have a full time job. he has none of the above. his review is coming up on the 28th of february, and i know that he will get his funding cut. This means that i will be paying ALL of the rent and power on my own. I've seen a couple people saying I should sue him for the rent, but is that possible if I already know he won't be able to pay? I can't force him to move out through the property management because he is on the lease, and they don't care who pays so long as someone does. I know he won't move out on his own, because I've talked to him about it, and he has made absolutely no plans to move out at all. I know him well enough that i'm pretty sure he's going to try to stick around and freeload off of me. I don't make enough money to support myself AND a freeloader. help, please?

Default Re: How to Evict a Roomate Who Can't Pay Rent

He's not your tenant, so you can't evict him. As you say you already know.

Default Re: How to Evict a Roomate Who Can't Pay Rent

um, so, pretty much, my only option is to get the courts involved, via sueing him for the rent that i know he can't pay, and hope that when the issue of his ability to pay comes up, they put up an alternate punishment instead of having to pay rent he owes? (i. e. forced eviction for that purpose, or if it comes to him getting violent, forced removal via restraining order?)

1. Sponsored Links