Unhappy Ex Wishes to Terminate Parental Rights

My question involves adoption law for the State of: florida
    My ex to whom I was never married is the biological father of my two eldest children. We have been seperated for over 4 years now & i have been married for a little over 2. We recently moved from ohio to florida & my ex was informed with the move. He sparadically pays support & has extremely limited contact with my children. My youngest does not even know him. He is currently hiding due to warrants for his arrest. Although I have given the police in both states his address they have not went to pick him up & one of the warrants is for failure to comply with the child support order. My husband would like to adopt my children. Recently my ex said that he would give his consent to the adoption. In which state do we need to proceed in? What kind of document does he need to send to me in which he can sign off on his rights without having to be in a court house. Please help we are desperate to strike while the iron is hot & have no idea where to begin!!!!

Default Re: Ex Wishes to Terminate Parental Rights

Quote Quoting daweber83
    View Post
    My question involves adoption law for the State of: florida
    My ex to whom I was never married is the biological father of my two eldest children. We have been seperated for over 4 years now & i have been married for a little over 2. We recently moved from ohio to florida & my ex was informed with the move. He sparadically pays support & has extremely limited contact with my children. My youngest does not even know him. He is currently hiding due to warrants for his arrest. Although I have given the police in both states his address they have not went to pick him up & one of the warrants is for failure to comply with the child support order. My husband would like to adopt my children. Recently my ex said that he would give his consent to the adoption. In which state do we need to proceed in? What kind of document does he need to send to me in which he can sign off on his rights without having to be in a court house. Please help we are desperate to strike while the iron is hot & have no idea where to begin!!!!
    How long have you lived in FL?

If it is less than 6 months, you'll need to file in OH.

We've lived in Florida since August. SO what paper work dos he need to sign?

Quote Quoting daweber83
    View Post
    We've lived in Florida since August. SO what paper work dos he need to sign?
    You can find the forms at http://www.flcourts.org/gen_public/f...es/index.shtml

Scroll down to the forms beginning with 12.981

1. Sponsored Links