Default Website Ownership - Partnership Agreement

My question involves business law in the state of: Website Ownership-Partner Agreement.

Hello,
    one year ago, I had met a lady on line that I became close friends with, and she asked me to be co-owner of her website to help build her site. I said yes, and I became co-owner. About a week later she asked if we could bring in a third person for extra help, and I said that was fine. For a year the three of us have worked very to build this website. The website is not making to much money currently, but it will one day. They decided to with drawl my partnership without doing their home work, and locked me out of every thing we have, including turning off my cell phone. I did not do any thing wrong, and the letter of with drawl is all lies. I think maybe they both agree on what they want, and I am always the one that wants to take my time to make decisions, do home work, check the BBB, LOL !! They hate that about me. They are just alike, make dumb decisions in 60 seconds or less, and does not do research. After they locked me out of all of our accounts, banned my IP from our website, and sent me a email of with drawl partnership they decide to hire an Attorney. Well they now know that they were wrong, and I am back in. Now I need advice on what I should do ? I want to keep the website. I worked way to hard for them to just decide they do not want me any more now that the site is about to make money. I am seeking an Attorney now, but I need to know what my options are ? I had no clue that they felt like this, and they admitted to planning this for months. We have a signed contract that does not give them the right to exclude a partner. After doing some investigating I am learning she could very well be a scammer. She also removed funds from our business account to her private account, and she lied saying she was paying for advertising, but we knew she stole the money. We decided to leave that alone for the sake of the website at the time. Could that be a breach in contract ? This lady has convinced the other owner to do this to me, and I really think she was brain washed, and on her way to being scammed when they are done with me. How can I do some research on this person, or what should I do ? I am sure this lady has a serious past.
    Thank you

Default Re: Website Ownership - Partnership Agreement

We have no idea what sort of contractual agreement you had with her.

Gather up your documents and consult an attorney.

Hello,
    I am sorry, I should of mentioned that. I was blessed with a Attorney that read our signed contract, and he said that there is not a option to with drawl any partner. They finally contacted an Attorney after they tried to remove me, and he told them they could not remove any partner. The only way out is death, walk away, or Arbitration will settle it. There is three of us on the contract, and in three different states. The state of business is in one of their states, so I will have to do some serious travel to get there.
    I am searching for an Attorney now, but the cost will be more then the website value, all though I feel that this could have been my life income after the website had time to grow. This is why I am reaching for some other idea's.
    Thank you for the help,
    momofmany

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    We have no idea what sort of contractual agreement you had with her.

Gather up your documents and consult an attorney.

If you think the business idea has that much potential, why not take what you've learned, start your own new website, and develop it.

That is in my future plans. I have a great website idea, but I worked way to hard for this. I worked 12-16 hours every day, neglected my family, my house, my other business, friends, you name it. I would not even leave my computer for to long. I feel they used me to get to this point and now they want me out. This goes way past the website, or money, and I can't let them get away with this. Now that I know that one partner may be a online scammer, I know that she has a further plan that does not involve either one of us. I just need to prove it.
    Thank you

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If you think the business idea has that much potential, why not take what you've learned, start your own new website, and develop it.

Quote Quoting momofmany
    View Post
    I worked 12-16 hours every day, neglected my family, my house, my other business, friends, you name it. I would not even leave my computer for to long.
    That's hardly actionable. You chose to neglect your other affairs, and can only pin the blame for that squarely on yourself.

If you feel you were defrauded, consult an attorney. Or take Mr. K's suggestion. Or both. But don't try to sue based on your own choice to chain yourself to your computer. It won't fly.

Hello,
    I see your point, but I was only so devoted to this website because it was my future income for my family. They knew that every last bit of planning was based on a income. The contract we signed says " each partner shall devote his entire time to the conduct of the business". I know that sounds crazy, but it does say that.
    Thanks for your impute.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    That's hardly actionable. You chose to neglect your other affairs, and can only pin the blame for that squarely on yourself.

If you feel you were defrauded, consult an attorney. Or take Mr. K's suggestion. Or both. But don't try to sue based on your own choice to chain yourself to your computer. It won't fly.

1. Sponsored Links