Default Inquiry on Emancipation in Alberta

I am looking for professional guidance on emancipation laws in Alberta, Canada for a friend who is concidering emancipation as an option in the near future. He is currently 16 years of age, and is facing both emotional as well as physical abuse in his current residence. I strongly believe that his current situation is inappropriate and dangerous to his well-being, and am looking to inquire about his potential options. His father abuses alcohol, and often chooses to use verbal and physical confrontation with both children in the home. His mother, who also uses verbal abuse, does not intervene when a situation with the father occurs. Confrontations have escalated to points where the children have felt the need to contact authorities, but still, the situation continues without change. Situations occur on a weekly basis, forcing the children to leave the home over night, in order to seek relief. Currently, emancipation is being concidered as an option, and I was looking to collect more details on the process.

Thank you for your time, as well as concideration on the issue.
    Sarah.

Default Re: Inquiry on Emancipation in Alberta

Quote Quoting sarahjessicamack
    View Post
    I am looking for professional guidance on emancipation laws in Alberta, Canada for a friend who is concidering emancipation as an option in the near future. He is currently 16 years of age, and is facing both emotional as well as physical abuse in his current residence. I strongly believe that his current situation is inappropriate and dangerous to his well-being, and am looking to inquire about his potential options. His father abuses alcohol, and often chooses to use verbal and physical confrontation with both children in the home. His mother, who also uses verbal abuse, does not intervene when a situation with the father occurs. Confrontations have escalated to points where the children have felt the need to contact authorities, but still, the situation continues without change. Situations occur on a weekly basis, forcing the children to leave the home over night, in order to seek relief. Currently, emancipation is being concidered as an option, and I was looking to collect more details on the process.

Thank you for your time, as well as concideration on the issue.
    Sarah.
    This is a USA based forum based on US law.

Try this link for Canadian forums;

http://www.lawstudents.ca/forums/

1. Sponsored Links