Default MIP in Panama City, Florida

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

I live in Michigan and I am going to Panama City Beach, Florida for Spring Break. If I happened to receive a Minor In Possession (of alcohol) while down there, would I have to appear down there for court at a later date? Or would I be able to just pay the fine and be on my way? Also, in Florida is there any other consequences for MIP besides the obvious fine (such as suspended license (even if I was not driving?))

Default Re: MIP: Panama City, FL

Quote Quoting bambam08
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

I live in Michigan and I am going to Panama City Beach, Florida for Spring Break. If I happened to receive a Minor In Possession (of alcohol) while down there, would I have to appear down there for court at a later date? Or would I be able to just pay the fine and be on my way? Also, in Florida is there any other consequences for MIP besides the obvious fine (such as suspended license (even if I was not driving?))
    It is actually kind of refreshing to get this question BEFORE you get the ticket. However, it is also difficult to advise someone about their planning an illegal activity.

If you receive a MIP in Florida, Florida has jurisdiction and anything that the court requires will be handled there.

How old are you? Florida is notoriously hard on DUI and underage drinkers.

I am 18. I definitely will not be drinking and driving. So DUI is out of the picture.
    I just want to make sure that if something did happen, that I would not have to make another trip down to Florida just to appear in court for a few minutes. I'd rather just pay the fine and move on.

Quote Quoting bambam08
    View Post
    I am 18. I definitely will not be drinking and driving. So DUI is out of the picture.
    I just want to make sure that if something did happen, that I would not have to make another trip down to Florida just to appear in court for a few minutes. I'd rather just pay the fine and move on.
    We cannot predict the future. We don't even know what you could/might/will be charged with much less the possibility of a trial.

Sorry.

I recommend against illegal activity... as a default answer.

1. Sponsored Links