Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: Student's Right to Get Off a School Bus

Quote Quoting tim987
    View Post
    No JK, the link i provided states this:

However, declarations are not always legally binding.

So what it is saying is sometimes THEY ARE legally binding.
    read closer. A declaration is...well, a declaration. It is not a law. If something titled as a declaration is also a law, it is not really a declaration but a law simply titled as a declaration. The verbiage and intent of the two formats are different. The verbiage in the Human Rights Declaration does not mandate anybody must follow the suggestions. It simply declares that this is what the writers believe how things should be.

this does not mean that it cannot be accepted as law and in that case, it would still be called a declaration but the further action enacting it into law would clarify that point. Can you find anything stating this declaration has been adopted as law by any nation?

However, declarations are not always legally binding. The term is often deliberately chosen to indicate that the parties do not intend to create binding obligations but merely want to declare certain aspirations. An example is the 1992 Rio Declaration. Declarations can however also be treaties in the generic sense intended to be binding at international law. It is therefore necessary to establish in each individual case whether the parties intended to create binding obligations.
    Now, go back to the actual declaration.

Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
    Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,
    Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
    Note the bolded. It specifically states this is a suggestion, or direction that all should follow. Nowhere does it state it is intended to be or be considered to become a law.

To make this a bit easier for you; show me a law, either an international law or a law of a foreign government that the citizens of the US are required to observe while in the US and not dealing with any foreign government or situation.

I was just reading the declaration you have so much respect for. I don't know if you ahve read it or not. I would really love to see you get this enforced:

Article 24.

• Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
    I do not get any paid holidays and I would love to have them. can you get that strightened out for me because as it stands, the federal DOL and my states DOL do not seem to think I have to be paid for holidays. Dang, they don't even think I have a right to a limitation on the amount of hours I work each week.

PLease, please, please get this taken care of for me.

If you want, I can find at least 20 items in that declaration that are not observed by some country in the world. I think you have your work cut out for yourself in getting this taken care of. Hop to it.

Dang, I went back to reading it and I see a lot of problems you need to take care of. Here is another one:

Article 25.

• (1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
    • (2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
    Since we have starvation in this country and many people die because they cannot afford medical treatment, this is obviously a violation of this "law". I got more work coming for ya. Let me know when you have this part taken care of.

Dang, I just can't stop finding things being ignored in our country. I am sure they are being ignored in others as well.

Article 23.

• (1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
    right now, there are about 3.7 million people that are unemployed that would like to have employment. Since this is against the law, we really need you to take care of it. I guess this has just slipped by our president. I know he is real busy with everything but they say the economy is his most pressing and urgent situation to deal with. Maybe you could call him and tell him that, by law, everybody MUST be employed if they want to be employed. I think he would be relieved to hear that and make sure the world courts would see to it that everybody was given their jobs back.

I'm still waiting for one controlling case to be identified where a minor is given the same and completely equal rights as an adult.

Imagine! No curfew laws, no drinking age, no smoking age, no restrictions on voting due to age, no restrictions to sign contracts because of age, parents would not longer be responsible to care for their now independent minor children ... wow! It would be a truly golden age of freedom!

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

I can only hope. The responsibilities of fatherhood have been overwhelming lately.

It's about time the 10 yo twins got jobs and started carrying their fair share of the household expenses

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I can only hope. The responsibilities of fatherhood have been overwhelming lately.

It's about time the 10 yo twins got jobs and started carrying their fair share of the household expenses
    And I just hope my teenage sons don't get wind of this new independence they have and decide to run off and party all the time knowing I'm helpless to prevent them from ruining their lives, having sex, or not going to school!

Heavens! How can we keep this secret!?

- Carl

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Well, it appears the only person in the US that knows about this is Tim. If Tim disappeared, nobody else would know.

Now, I'm not saying anybody should do anything bad to Tim but it would solve our problems.

carl you say your helpless to prevent them from ruining their lives. what proof do you have of this? how can you tell the future of your kids? if you can then what are the lottery numbers going to be in 3 weeks?

the fact is, you don't know that your children not going to school will ruin their lives. it could ruin their lives but you have no proof of this.

why do you want to control your kids by preventing them having sex? weren't they born from you and your partner having sex?

do you like dictatorship where the government tells you what religion to be, how many kids you can have etc? i think most people would want the freedom of choice to be whatever religion they want to be rather than having the government or parents telling them what they can and can't be.

Why don't you let your kids have the freedom of choice? because shouldn't people live their lives the way THEY want to live it, rather than the way THEIR parent wants them to live it?
    Say your son wanted to be a doctor and you wanted him to be a cop, would you rather him do what YOU want him to do or what HE wants to do?

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    And I just hope my teenage sons don't get wind of this new independence they have and decide to run off and party all the time knowing I'm helpless to prevent them from ruining their lives, having sex, or not going to school!

Heavens! How can we keep this secret!?

- Carl

Quote Quoting tim987
    View Post
    Why don't you let your kids have the freedom of choice? because shouldn't people live their lives the way THEY want to live it, rather than the way THEIR parent wants them to live it?
    Say your son wanted to be a doctor and you wanted him to be a cop, would you rather him do what YOU want him to do or what HE wants to do?

there is a bit of a problem called maturity. A child does not have the intellectual capability to make the decisions a parent is allowed to make for them.

and now you are really confusing things. Carl never said he was going to control his children forever but until they reach the age of majority, they are legally under his control and by law, he is required to provide the necessities of life. He can also be held liable for their actions in certain circumstances so it would only be right he has the right to control them in a manner to prevent injury to himself.

and the winning numbers to the next Lotto draw are
    ;

Now, before you say I am wrong, study up on Schrodinger and his theory on quantum mechanics with special attention to his cat analogy.

My answer is correct, in my reality although it may not be in yours. Sorry I can't share the money with you since you do not exist in my reality, or do you?

I am still waiting for that one, single controlling piece of case law that grants children all the legal rights and responsibilities Tim seems to think they are granted under some nebulous international proclamation which doesn't really say what he thinks it says.

So ... still waiting ... just one case ... only one ... of has the entire judiciary of the USA been missing this one for 'lo these many years!?

- Carl

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

how do u know all children don't have the maturity to make these decisions? has a survey been done included ALL the billions of children in the world JK?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    there is a bit of a problem called maturity. A child does not have the intellectual capability to make the decisions a parent is allowed to make for them.

and now you are really confusing things. Carl never said he was going to control his children forever but until they reach the age of majority, they are legally under his control and by law, he is required to provide the necessities of life. He can also be held liable for their actions in certain circumstances so it would only be right he has the right to control them in a manner to prevent injury to himself.

and the winning numbers to the next Lotto draw are
    ;

Now, before you say I am wrong, study up on Schrodinger and his theory on quantum mechanics with special attention to his cat analogy.

My answer is correct, in my reality although it may not be in yours. Sorry I can't share the money with you since you do not exist in my reality, or do you?

ok carl i see you don't like international laws so here is a USA law.It's called the Constitution. Have u heard of it? It says:

Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution
    Equal Protection Clause,

"no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws"

There you go all. adult holds another against their will from going to their friends house, it's false imprisonment. Parent does same thing to child, it's false imprisonment. In other words ILLEGAL. Equal rights carl, no matter what the age.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    I am still waiting for that one, single controlling piece of case law that grants children all the legal rights and responsibilities Tim seems to think they are granted under some nebulous international proclamation which doesn't really say what he thinks it says.

So ... still waiting ... just one case ... only one ... of has the entire judiciary of the USA been missing this one for 'lo these many years!?

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast