Angry Child Endangerment

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: OHIO

My bf and I had an arguement. I got upset and hit him. In return he hit me. This is the first time. I called the cops. After a few days of not speaking to him, I let him come back. A warrent was issued out for my bf. My bf got put in the county jail. for 10 days. A TPO was issued. I didn't pursue the case because it was BS for him to be in there, i know him. We were stressed out from losing our jobs, going to school, having no money, losing food stamps, me losing my medical insurance... the list goes on and on. According to the DV center, he doesn't show any of the signs for dv - this was a one time thing.

So the judge ordered for CSB to come immediately and remove the child from the home (she is 3.75). I surrendered my daughter (with tears in my eyes). My mother got temporary physical custody of her until i prove to be a fit mom. (The judge said I couldn't protect and keep my baby safe since I let BF come back). They said that I need to go to a psych eval, domestic violence education, and therapy (and of course stay away from him) before I can get her back.

I've already did the dv education, the psych eval is scheduled for 2-7-09, and I've went to therapy. Now I got charges of Child Endagerment and I must go to court. Do I need an attorney? What will happen here? I'm scared.

Default Re: Child Endagerment

Quote Quoting bubblesgirl
    View Post

My bf and I had an arguement. I got upset and hit him. In return he hit me. This is the first time. I called the cops. After a few days of not speaking to him, I let him come back. A warrent was issued out for my bf. My bf got put in the county jail. for 10 days. A TPO was issued. I didn't pursue the case because it was BS for him to be in there, i know him. We were stressed out from losing our jobs, going to school, having no money, losing food stamps, me losing my medical insurance... the list goes on and on. According to the DV center, he doesn't show any of the signs for dv - this was a one time thing.

So the judge ordered for CSB to come immediately and remove the child from the home (she is 3.75). I surrendered my daughter (with tears in my eyes). My mother got temporary physical custody of her until i prove to be a fit mom. (The judge said I couldn't protect and keep my baby safe since I let BF come back). They said that I need to go to a psych eval, domestic violence education, and therapy (and of course stay away from him) before I can get her back.

I've already did the dv education, the psych eval is scheduled for 2-7-09, and I've went to therapy. Now I got charges of Child Endagerment and I must go to court. Do I need an attorney? What will happen here? I'm scared.

Did you tell the police that you were the instigator in this fight??

Yes I told the police verbally, its in the police report, I told the judge, and I told the counselor.

Yes, get an attorney.

Default Re: Child Endangerment

Quote Quoting bubblesgirl
    View Post

yes, both you and BF need an attorney.

1. Sponsored Links