my sister-in-law got screwed over by a skeezy used car dealer. is there any way for her brother to represent her in a civil action? my understanding is that he can file a suit on her behalf if she gives him power of attorney, but could he then argue her case as well? she's a few cards short of a full deck and would probably not be capable of testifying without crying and wouldn't know what points to argue.