Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default International Travel by a Permanent Resident

    Looking for some help.

    Father entered the country as a green card holder, GC confiscated at port of entry but was allowed in under deffer ed inspection. Went to the appointment, and after one hour of interrogation, he took the option to file an I-193 and GC was returned to him. So the questions are:

    1. How would that affect his naturalization application when he files one in the future.

    2. If he leaves the country, would he have problems returning after few months?

    3. Is there a form he should fill out prior to leaving so he won't have these problems again.

    thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: I-193 Filed

    I wouldn't expect the past to affect his naturalization process.

    If he again leaves the country without advance parole, and stays out of the country long enough to put his Green Card in jeopardy, I would expect him to lose it the second time around.

    Start here, and scroll down to "Advance Parole".

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Criminal Law Issues: Permanent Resident Convicted of Felony - Needs to Travel for Medical Reasons
    By Seeksadvise in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
  2. Probation and Parole: International Travel
    By galincrisis in forum Probation, Parole and Incarceration
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 11:43 PM
  3. Marriage: Permanent Resident Married to Non-Resident-Out of Status
    By civma in forum Visas for Business, Tourism and Family
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. Can A Permanent Resident Travel Abroad For Work
    By cristianofl in forum Permanent Residency and Naturalization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
  5. Emancipation: Emancipation and International Travel
    By admiller in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources