Default L2 Expired While Status Change to H4 is Pending

Hello All,
    I changed to H1 from L1 from october 1st 08. My employer applied change of status from L2 to H4 for my wife in November.
    Here is my situation,
    My wife L2 VISA expired on 20-December-2008 but she got her I94 till March 2011.She did not get her H4 approval yet. Does she will be getting into illegal status in the above case.How long does it take to get the approval.

I really appreciate your response,
    Thanks,

Default Re: L2 Expired While Status Change to H4 is Pending

Are you stating that your status changed to H1 as of October 1, but no application for change of status was even submitted for your wife until November? That's problematic, as she would have been out of status on her L2 from the time you went into status on your H1 (and changed status from L1). I suggest consulting an immigration lawyer.

Default Re: L2 Expired While Status Change to H4 is Pending

Thankyou Mr. Knowitall, right now my wire status change was applied on November 15- 2008 and yet to receive the reply from usics. Is there anything i can do other than waiting for the response from USICS.
    suggest me. Thanks..

1. Sponsored Links