My question involves insurance law for the state of: Minnesota

I called my insurance compnay to tell them my car had died and I no longer needed to carry the insurance on it. They had me put the car on the roll over insurance plan since I was going to replace the car that died with a new vehicle within 6 months. This was in September of 08. On December 8th 2008 my grandfather, who is no longer able to drive, sold me his 95 truck. It needed to be fixed so we drove it home and put it in the driveway and there it sat. This past Friday, January 9th of 09, I was running late for work and took the truck since it was the closest to me. I drove speed limit to work only to get pulled over for expired tabs. The officer asked for my insurance and I told him I did not have it on this truck as my grandfather had just sold it to me last month and I had forgotten to call. I didn't even notice the tabs had expired and I never received a notice to renew them either. He only cited me for the no insurance and made me tow the truck back home. I called my insurance company and they said I did have the roll over insurance from the last car and put the truck on right away and would send me a certificate stated my insurance carried over onto this truck. In the mean time I am getting new tabs in the morning as well.

People are telling me I am going to loose my liscense for this incident. I have insurance on my van, so I did not do this on purpose at all, why would I have kept the roll over insurance if I was going to not insure this truck. It slipped my mind. Anyone know what I am facing here? What do I do?