Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wrongfully Accused Sex Offender

My Question involves sexual offence charges in the state of Pennsylvania...
    Well, i guess i should start on how it all happend. My girlfriend (age 16) and I (age 23) got cought having sex in my car one in begining October of 2008 and the court system is refusing the parents plea to not let anything happen to me and are charging me with IDSI (felony), aggravated indecent assault (felony), Stat. sex assault (felony), Indecent assault (misdemeanor), & Corruption of a minor (misdemeanor). they have also placed me on bail for $25,000 with the terms of not leaving the state of New Jersey (my residence) & no contact with her or her family. In doing so it forced me to lose my job as a repairman within i had to leave my state inorder to preform. My Girlfriend and I are deeply in love & were planning on getting married & moving in together when she turned 18. My issuse with this is two fold my first question is: if the court has the right to not lissten to the parents & have the right to have them not appear in court?
    Secondly: dose the court have the right to jeopordise me financially doring the court cases?

The whole thing is that yes i do know that i will be charged with something but i do feel that the court system is stepping way out of line with the chrges given & the way that the whole court is treating me with this matter

Default Re: Wrongfully Accused Sex Offender

Quote Quoting Razzra
    View Post
    Well, i guess i should start on how it all happend. My girlfriend (age 16) and I (age 23) got cought having sex in my car one in begining October of 2008 and the court system is refusing the parents plea to not let anything happen to me and are charging me with IDSI (felony), aggravated indecent assault (felony), Stat. sex assault (felony), Indecent assault (misdemeanor), & Corruption of a minor (misdemeanor). they have also placed me on bail for $25,000 with the terms of not leaving the state of New Jersey (my residence) & no contact with her or her family.
    No parent can simply allow what is illegal to suddenly become legal just because it is ok with them. Just as they can't say it's ok for you to murder someone, they also can't give legal permission for you to commit a crime against their daughter.

In doing so it forced me to lose my job as a repairman within i had to leave my state inorder to preform.
    Yep, that kind of stuff happens. And the job prospects from here forward are going to be iffy too.

My Girlfriend and I are deeply in love & were planning on getting married & moving in together when she turned 18.
    Due to the age difference, considering the charges, it would have been a good idea to hold off on the sex too...although that's a moot point now.

My issuse with this is two fold my first question is: if the court has the right to not lissten to the parents & have the right to have them not appear in court?
    Yes. As noted, the parents have no standing to say it was ok for you to commit the crime. Your defense attorney can certainly put them on the stand, but there are no words that could come out of their mouths that will make the acts "ok".

Secondly: dose the court have the right to jeopordise me financially doring the court cases?
    Yes, the court can impose the restriction that you remain in the state. It's the court's job to make sure that you show up for trial. That you have a job that needs you to be able to travel isn't the court's problem (I'm not trying to be snotty, but really it just isn't).

The whole thing is that yes i do know that i will be charged with something but i do feel that the court system is stepping way out of line with the chrges given & the way that the whole court is treating me with this matter
    Considering the number of charges, the number of felonies among those charges, and your familiarity with traveling out of state, I'm actually surprised that the court didn't have you waiting for trial in jail as a flight risk (which most certainly could have happened). Part of the problem is that is hasn't sunk in for you yet exactly HOW grave the charges against you are (this isn't just sex with someone you love...you are being charged as a child molestor, more or less; and how the rest of your life could be very altered by the course you're on if there is a conviction in your case - starting with the possibility of prison time (not a fun time for persons convicted of sex crimes against minors), then sex offender registration, then the difficulties involved in finding work as a convicted felon on release, and the difficulties of finding a place to live as a registered sex offender.

Quote Quoting Razzra
    View Post
    Well, i guess i should start on how it all happend. My girlfriend (age 16) and I (age 23) got cought having sex in my car one in begining October of 2008 and the court system is refusing the parents plea to not let anything happen to me
    That is because the parents do not press charges... the DA does.

Parents cannot make the illegal legal via permission.

and are charging me with IDSI (felony), aggravated indecent assault (felony), Stat. sex assault (felony), Indecent assault (misdemeanor), & Corruption of a minor (misdemeanor).
    wow, you are getting the jumbo pack.

they have also placed me on bail for $25,000 with the terms of not leaving the state of New Jersey (my residence) & no contact with her or her family.
    Normal.

In doing so it forced me to lose my job as a repairman within i had to leave my state inorder to preform.
    Unfortunate. Not the court's problem.

My Girlfriend and I are deeply in love & were planning on getting married & moving in together when she turned 18.
    Love is not an affirmative defense to statutory rape.

My issuse with this is two fold my first question is: if the court has the right to not lissten to the parents & have the right to have them not appear in court?
    The parents weren't there, were they? Otherwise, their input is not required.

Absolutely.

That is what happens when you schrump children.

The charges given are all accurate. Overkill (the statutory rape alone will have you in prison for a couple of decades and lifetime registry as a sex offender), but I guess the DA wants to make a point.

The cops SAW you committing the rape. Therefore, the girl's parents are not involved.

The legal system is treating you as someone accused of multiple felonies against a child. As they should.

Damn aardy, you beat me.

the sad part about this whole thing is the cop didn't even see us in the act nor, did he leave his car

Might I suggest something by Mendelsohn.

Quote Quoting Razzra
    View Post
    the sad part about this whole thing is the cop didn't even see us in the act nor, did he leave his car
    Apparently, he saw enough.

Otherwise, you would be complaining about the cop getting his jollies while you were getting yours.

By the way, don't PM me stuff that you don't want out here... I offer no expectation of privacy...

Well normally i know that if i was concidered a sex offender, i would have already

right now i have gotten the two harder charges dropped the IDSI & the Agg. Indecent...

but, the court is unwilling to drop the charges via the cops say, even though he never left his car or saw the act. he just ausmed that it was going on,...so i was charge with this due to "probable cause" and to make the case more messed up both my girlfriend & I were both threatened by the cop on tape & when the DA asked to hear the tape it went missing, so that in part is why the case is "on hold"

...& ya i know that "Love is not an affirmative defense to statutory rape" , but if you must know why im in love with her she set me on track of my life. before i met her i was a drug addict, was in major debt, refused to goto college, & had no idea how to deal with an alcoholic father. but, she helped me
    How did you get charges dropped in the last 10 hours?

well i said right now as in, the past few weeks

So why are we talking about charges you no longer face?

You know what the main difference between talking to your teenage lover and adults is?

Adults care if you waste our time.

Now then...

The statutory rape is the real one to worry about... along with the two misdemeanors, you are looking at between 7 and 15 years in a state pen.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast