Question Cable Company Issues

Ok, first of all I am not sure of which forum I should post this, so I apologize if it should go somewhere else...

NOW my problem. I have been a customer of my cable company in Hawaii for almost 3 years now and most of that 3 years I have been on an autopay system. I am a really busy professional, with a child and a lot of other volunteer and non-profit projects so I have neglected to check my statement in detail every month.

Today I was curious as to why the bill was so much and went back and checked my bill and found that there were some charges made for Adult Movies and I know that I didn't order them since they were all ordered while both my husband and I were at work. When I called the cable company they told me that the only way that the charges could be made was by using my pin number at the box when the program was ordered (a pin number that my husband doesn't even know what it is). The supervisor told me that we have to use that number to order a program whether it is an Adult program or a G-rated program, and we have ordered pay-per-view movies before, maybe a year ago or something but we have never used a pin number.

Moving on, the supervisor told me that he would be unable to give me any credit because the program played and was ordered from my box. I am very upset over this, there are over $100 worth of charges for adult movies that I DID NOT order and can prove that both my husband and I was at work during the time that the programs were ordered, but I am still expected to pay for them... is there anything that I can do?? (Other than just disconnect the service)

Thanks in advance for your response!

Default Re: Cable Company Issues

Generally you have a consumer complaint organization for utilities tied into your county or state offices. Sometimes it is the State Attorney General. File a complaint with them, provide a letter that your husband and you were at work and, if possible, get a letter from your manager. If not, just note that you work a 9-5.

Electronics are not infallable. I have a set top box that belonged to someone else and was still programmed with their premium channels. Until they change the MAC address assigned (some cable companies now use cheap forms of "Ethernet" that have a MAC, just like a computeR) to the account you might be getting charged for an old box you had. ...a phantom, if you will.

Ask them to block these on your account, in the future.

Ask the cable company for their manager's OR Vice President's contact information because you are writing a letter to the State Attorney General's office. Usually the manager will talk to you at that point.

Pay the bill now and get a credit later.
    File the complaint with your utilities commission and State AG....

Thanks for the advise, I will definitely be mailing a letter.

The bills have been paid and the manager told me yesterday that since I had been paying the bill and the charges have been happening for so long that they 'believe' that I am ordering the programs and that the ONLY way that the programs could possibly be ordered would be from my house using my remote! I told them that I would be checking into other television programming options and she said "well I am sorry to hear that but if you feel that strongly about it then you can return your equipment to the office".

Seriously??? They are willing to loose a customer who pays over $150 a month for cable services over $100 worth of charges that I did not make!

Sorry for venting but I really appreciate the advise!

You always have Dish...
    ...and you can always tell the President of the company why you are leaving their service.

are you actualy sure its charges for adult movies are you sure its not the actualy amount of the bill you mgiht have digital cable packages mine usualy runs about 140 i have cable internet also

1. Sponsored Links