Default Selling a Car Without Having the Title

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia
    I recently purchased a car from a dealership in August 08, I was told that my tags would be received in the mail with in a couple of weeks. Well today is Jan 3 09 and and I still have not received my tags. After contacting the dealership AGAIN I was told that they do not have the title for my car and are not sure if or when they will have it. I was given the option by the owner to 1. return that car and choose another car on the lott of equal value and my payments would remain the same, 2. give him another 30 days to get the title or 3. return the car and get a full refund on my down payment. I chose 3. My question is was it legal for them to sell me a car that they did not have a title for and i spent over $1200 for a car a car I that I had to return, am I entitled tp getting that money back as well? Basically am I legally entitled to anything....Can I sue the dealership?

HELP,

FEELIN USED

Default Re: Selling a car without having the title

Quote Quoting FEELIN USED
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia
    I recently purchased a car from a dealership in August 08, I was told that my tags would be received in the mail with in a couple of weeks. Well today is Jan 3 09 and and I still have not received my tags. After contacting the dealership AGAIN I was told that they do not have the title for my car and are not sure if or when they will have it. I was given the option by the owner to 1. return that car and choose another car on the lott of equal value and my payments would remain the same, 2. give him another 30 days to get the title or 3. return the car and get a full refund on my down payment. I chose 3. My question is was it legal for them to sell me a car that they did not have a title for and i spent over $1200 for a car a car I that I had to return, am I entitled tp getting that money back as well? Basically am I legally entitled to anything....Can I sue the dealership?

HELP,

FEELIN USED
    I would return the car and demand a full refund for the car and the cost of repairs you made since the purchase. Provide the dealer with the proof of payment that you have done the repairs to the car.

Too much time has passed for them to suddenly come up with the title. Can it happen ? yes, but I would not trust this dealer and I suggest you do not purchase anything from this dealer.

If they fail to return your repair costs you can take them to small claims court.

You need to also file a complaint with the state. Here is a link to the dealer license dept. Contact them ASAP. The link will give you the law as well, the dealer has 30 days to register your vehicle from the date you purchased it.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/rules/rules.as....18&head=375-2

1. Sponsored Links