Default Can a Lender Immediately Garnish a Debt

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: Oklahoma

I lost my job and was out of work. Am since employed again but with a substantial pay decrease. Had to voluntarily surrender a vehicle. My loan company informed me that if I surrendered the vehicle OR they repossessed it they would garnish my wages, attached a lien on my house, take all my income tax refunds and also attach liens on anything tangible. Can they immediately do this? Or can I have a chance to negotiate a payment plan. They told me over the phone they will attach everything to get their money back and will immediately garnish. Please advise.

Default Re: Can a Lender Immediately Garnish a Debt

Quote Quoting NJAZ125
    View Post
    My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: Oklahoma

I lost my job and was out of work. Am since employed again but with a substantial pay decrease. Had to voluntarily surrender a vehicle. My loan company informed me that if I surrendered the vehicle OR they repossessed it they would garnish my wages, attached a lien on my house, take all my income tax refunds and also attach liens on anything tangible. Can they immediately do this? Or can I have a chance to negotiate a payment plan. They told me over the phone they will attach everything to get their money back and will immediately garnish. Please advise.
    NO they can not just do that to you. They would need to take you to court, get a judgment against you first, AND that would be after they sell off your vehicle.

You will have plenty of notice, a summons to answer etc.

Yes you have time to negotiate a payment plan.

They can NOT attach to anything of yours until they get a judgment against you FIRST

1. Sponsored Links