Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Divorce - Index Number

    My question involves divorce in the State of: New York

    I just found out that my wife tried to divorce me back in 2005, and there is a index number filed already, the divorce did not finish because there are some forms that I would have to sign.

    Is it possible to continue the divorce with the same index number and provide the forms that are missing? or I will have to file a new case again?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Divorce - Index Number

    I would not expect you to be able to reinstate the case as (a) it's been four years and (b) you're not the plaintiff. But it costs you nothing to ask the court clerk.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. K Visas: Consulate is Asking for Marriage Index
    By poljack in forum Visas for Business, Tourism and Family
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
  2. Fraud: Dad is Giving Out My Name and Number
    By bright22 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 01:28 AM
  3. Legal Research: What Does 'RM' Mean After the Case Number
    By MorningStar in forum Legal Practice
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
  4. Model Number vs. VIN Number
    By HAPPYCAMPER? in forum Cars and Dealerships
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 06:04 AM
  5. Divorce: Must You Submit ID's and SS Number to File Divorce
    By Normalman in forum Divorce, Annulment and Separation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Divorce Lawyer
Facing divorce? Get a free consultation with a local divorce attorney.