Default Defamation by an Ex-Business Partner

My ex-business partner is showing pictures on her laptop to customers that come in the store. I know this because one of the customers told me. She is showing pictures of clothes in the floor at the same time I was moving out. This is a resale business and we were partners, no contract. Her name is on the lease and all the bills are in her name. She told me, "Get your shit out", Saturday, Jan. 8. So I did. I own three quarters of the racks, the credit card machine, the cash registar, the counter and most of the clothes. I put the clothes that were not mine on the floor because I had no were else to put them. She came to the store about an hour after she told me to get out. She and her husband had the locks changed while we were there. We felt as if we would not get everything if we didn't move it right away. So we did and still had my sons birthday party. The problem now is, she is showing customers pictures of the clothes in the floor and stating, "This is how ----- left the store when she moved out". I am in the process of buying a property and starting my business without her. I feel that she is slandering my name and business. I understand taking pictures for insurance. She should only show those pictures if there is a problem with somebodies clothes. Ultimately she told me to get out, provided no racks to put clothes on and changed the locks while we were moving. May I mention her kids were jumping on the clothes like a pile of leaves when they got there. Please let me know if there is enough here to sue for slander. She is not telling people she kicked me out. She is trying to ruin my reputation. I hope no harm has come about. Thanks for listening.

Default The State of the Store

It sounds, though, like she is making a truthful statement - that is, it is how the store appeared when you left it.

1. Sponsored Links