Default Bank accounts frozen without warning by debt collector

I have an Collection Attorney that placed a freeze on all of my bank accounts. I am confused as to how they can get this far without me being served papers. Obviously a default judgment was entered against me...why because I did not show? I got no letter in the mail, nor was I served, nor was there a phone call. IS THIS LEGAL? Can I appeal somehow? If so, what are the procedures?

Default Frozen Bank Accounts

Your bank should have a copy of the paper which was served on them, if they have not already provided a copy to you. Review it to find out what court issued the order, and the case number, then go to the court and look at the file to find out what happened.

Default Attempting to collect a Debt Frozen Accnts Without Warning

Go to the court house and copy every single page of your file,
    then submit a order to show cause and affidavit in support or get an attorney to help you.If it's default judgment and you haven't been served ask the judge to vacate the judgment.

Make sure you go to court asap....request to view your file.
    If they have a freeze on your account there should be an
    "exempt for claim" form. Make sure you complete that form and request that it is submitted to the judge immediately - get it
    stamp dated and keep a copy for yourself. Upon this request you should receive a hearing within 3-5 business day. Make sure you leave them a stamp addressed envelope or keep calling until you get a time and date because you don't want to miss the hearing.

I had my account frozen and I agreed to a judgment. If you don't get the claim in before the garnishment the funds can be released to the Plantiff. So make sure you complete this process immediately. Hopefully you have not missed your timeline.

All the creditor wants to know is if you going to pay them, when, and how. Many of them are doing this out of spite. I have submitted a letter to the judge because I had not received 7 of the notices that were supposely sent to me. All items that are in that folder the Defendant should have a copy of. I filed the claim on a Friday and Tuesday morning I had hearing and my account was released. I went to the court and waited for the order, faxed it to the bank, and had my funds released immediately.

They are quick to freeze your account but they will not tell you how or what to do to release. All this information was in my file (2) copies - blank. If I had not went to view my information I would
    not have had a clue as to what to do.

I hope everything works out for you.

1. Sponsored Links