Default Unfair Business Practice

My question involves defamation in the state of: North Carolina.

I had been recruited by a former boss to his new company of employment in the middle of a construction job. Within the the first 7 months of employment I was praised in writing by upper superiors all the way up to CEO. and then less then 30 days latter I was arrested for embezzlement, without even being approached about. I obtained a criminal attorney with the direction of nothing but not guilty as I was 100% innocent. Two weeks after being falsely arrested by employer I received a termination letter for insubordination, and gross misconduct. After 3 months of ADA continued court dates all charges were dropped without prestigious. Also during this 3 months they contested my unemployment insurance, all the way to a hearing. Which the state of North Carolina found that there was no insubordination nor embezzlement. And awarded me my unemployment compensation. Since this started my former employer has gotten rid of everyone that was recruited by the one who recruited me, including requesting him to resign. With the documents I have there was no embezzlement of material. My former employer has also filed a claim with their insurance carrier for alleged embezzlement and I have met with the adjuster for insurance company with my civil lawyer as they sent me a letter saying that if they paid the claim they would be coming after me to reimburse them. I have been looking for work for 5 months, and it looks like another 3 to 4 months before my field starts hiring again. I believe I have chose a good attorney to handle my case, but always like to get different input. My question would be how would you value damages , and when would you file or would you first approach former employer?

Default Re: Unfair Business Practice

Quote Quoting Bearsteelers
    View Post
    My question involves defamation in the state of: North Carolina.

I had been recruited by a former boss to his new company of employment in the middle of a construction job. Within the the first 7 months of employment I was praised in writing by upper superiors all the way up to CEO. and then less then 30 days latter I was arrested for embezzlement, without even being approached about. I obtained a criminal attorney with the direction of nothing but not guilty as I was 100% innocent. Two weeks after being falsely arrested by employer I received a termination letter for insubordination, and gross misconduct. After 3 months of ADA continued court dates all charges were dropped without prestigious. Also during this 3 months they contested my unemployment insurance, all the way to a hearing. Which the state of North Carolina found that there was no insubordination nor embezzlement. And awarded me my unemployment compensation. Since this started my former employer has gotten rid of everyone that was recruited by the one who recruited me, including requesting him to resign. With the documents I have there was no embezzlement of material. My former employer has also filed a claim with their insurance carrier for alleged embezzlement and I have met with the adjuster for insurance company with my civil lawyer as they sent me a letter saying that if they paid the claim they would be coming after me to reimburse them. I have been looking for work for 5 months, and it looks like another 3 to 4 months before my field starts hiring again. I believe I have chose a good attorney to handle my case, but always like to get different input. My question would be how would you value damages , and when would you file or would you first approach former employer?
    Thank You for your input

1. Sponsored Links