Angry Probation Violations in Ohio

My question involves criminal law for the state of: OH

My husband's ex is on probation for DUI's (5 since 2000). She served 30 days of a 6-month sentence and got out on probation in 2006. She had her first PV in 3/07, served another 30 days of her 6-month sentence, out again. 2nd PV in 7/08 (failed drug test), served approx. 48 days. Now she has another PV warrant - 3rd, she has left the state, avoiding arrest. Not sure what this PV is for.

My question is: Is she only facing the duration of her original 6-month sentence? Could there be additional charges?

We share custody with this person, have been to court several times, and because she "gave birth", there is no recourse. My husband's child support to her never stops even when she sits in jail and we have the child full time. She is "on the lam" and we have the child, she is still getting child support - Nice!: wallbang:

Default Re: Probation Violations in Ohio

Is she only facing the duration of her original 6-month sentence? Could there be additional charges?
    Without knowing all of the facts of her case, there's no way we could know for certain. The only answer we can give is "maybe".

because she "gave birth", there is no recourse
    You husband needs to get a better lawyer. The courts do not award custody based merely on popping the sproglet out. If he wants full custody, he needs to pursue it with the help of a good attorney.

Default Re: Probation Violations in Ohio

We had a very expensive, "highly recommended" attorney. Shared custody is the best we could do. According to the attorney, until she commits a felony, we won't do better than that. Also says since there is no "abuse or neglect" going on, we cannot prove her unfit.

I understand that without knowing ALL the facts of the case, you are "ill-equipped" to give a direct answer. However, if someone is put on probation for 5 years, and within 2 years violates that probation 3 times and then leaves the state to avoid arrest and incarceration, I would HOPE that our judicial system would allow proper punishment. This girl hasn't learned ANY lessons and the ones who are truly paying the price are her children!

1. Sponsored Links