Exclamation Car Towed from an Alley

My question involves towing laws for the State of: Texas

I parked my car in an ally near a strip mall, where I have been for the past four months. And when I came back to my car after school it was gone. I called the tow company in the area and they said that they didn't have it. So I then called the local sheriff's department. They told me that the tow company did have it. So I called them back and they still denied having it, but I wasn't going to accept that answer and they finally went through their data base and admitted to it. They had told me that the tow was requested by the pizza parlor next door. The funny thing with that is that I wasn't on their property, or within even twenty feet of it. I had to pay the fine because I can't wait to go to court to get it out for free. I still plan to go to court over this. But what can I do, it seems that there isn't much I can do to build a case.

Default Re: Car Towed from an Alley

If you don't believe the alley property belonged to the pizza parlor, then who DO you believe it belonged to - AND did you have their permission to leave your vehicle there? The answers to those questions will be the basis of any defense.

Default Re: Car Towed from an Alley

A shopping center does, and no I didn't have their permission. But on the reciept it says towed by the pizza parlor. I know there is a 8-10 ft. law or something similar in Texas and I was not in that range.

1. Sponsored Links