Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hiding the Smell of Alcohol

Peanut butter cups works for me every time.. Officer doesn't smell a thing

hell tells me to have a good night and I smile and drive away stone faced

It has also been tested that it lowers your bac too as well as Tabasco Sauce. my friend keeps that in his car

But be careful gum will double your bac

Default Re: DUI in California, First Offense

Uh huh ... right ... and sucking on a penny works ... so does tossing salt over your shoulder while mumbling the Lord's Prayer ...

If you think it helps, go ahead and think it. But, wouldn't it just be safer to not drink and drive?

- Carl

Yea it would. As it would be safer if u didnt use your cell phone and drive, or talk on your police radio and drive, or get behind cars and run tags on your mini cop cpu while driving.. But all in all its not illegal to drink and drive so i will continue with caution as everybody else does

Quote Quoting itsjustme
    View Post
    Yea it would. As it would be safer if u didnt use your cell phone and drive, or talk on your police radio and drive, or get behind cars and run tags on your mini cop cpu while driving
    All three of which combined would not even register as a fraction of one percent of collisions. Even one drink places you at greater risk of a collision than the rest of the driving public.

But all in all its not illegal to drink and drive so i will continue with caution as everybody else does
    Just don't rely on those old wives' tales ... better yet, get a designated driver. Best yet, stay out of my state if you insist on playing Russian roulette with oiur safety.

- Carl

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    All three of which combined would not even register as a fraction of one percent of collisions. Even one drink places you at greater risk of a collision than the rest of the driving public.
    - Carl

I dont know about that. A lot of car crashes come from people on there cell phones or doing other things in there car then paying attention to road..

"Motorists who use cellphones while driving are four times as likely to get into crashes serious enough to injure themselves, according to a study conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The results, published in July 2005, suggest that banning hand-held phone use will not necessarily improve safety if drivers simply switch to hand-free phones. The study found that injury crash risk didn't vary with type of phone."

"researchers at the university found that motorists who talked on hands-free cellphones were 18 percent slower in braking and took 17 percent longer to regain the speed they lost when they braked. "

"A study released in April 2006 found that almost 80 percent of crashes and 65 percent of near-crashes involved some form of driver inattention within three seconds of the event..(cell phone, running tags, sing polcie radio.. get the point...?)."

"Earlier research found that driver inattention was responsible for 25 to 30 percent of crashes.For example, while reaching for a moving object such as a falling cup increased the risk of a crash or near-crash by nine times, talking or listening on a hand-held cellphone only increased the risk by 1.3 times. The study tracked the behavior of the 241 drivers of 100 vehicles for more than one year. The drivers were involved in 82 crashes, 761 near-crashes and 8,295 critical incidents."

looks like to me and from research is just as dangerous if you ask me...I never got in a accident when i was drunk but i have ben in 2 accidents fom diverting my attention from driving..and I use to drink and drive a lot

Quote Quoting itsjustme
    View Post
    I dont know about that. A lot of car crashes come from people on there cell phones or doing other things in there car then paying attention to road..
    But, as a statistical category, they are hardly a blip on the collision cause radar. In fact, in CA cell phones as a cause are so infinitesimal that they do not even make the list!

Being "likely" to get into a collision does not mean that they DO get into a collision. My state DOES cite drivers using cell phones, and we have for a year now.

And, of course, shall we go into the collision risk for a DUI driver?! Those stats dwarf the ones you mention. Sorry.

looks like to me and from research is just as dangerous if you ask me.
    You gotta look at all the figures, not just the ones that purportedly support your cause.

..I never got in a accident when i was drunk but i have ben in 2 accidents fom diverting my attention from driving..and I use to drink and drive a lot
    Lucky you. I can probably roll the dice a bunch of times and never come up box cars, too. But, if you keep rolling the dice, you take your chances ... if it were only YOUR life you risked, I'd say, go ahead. Unfortunately, that is NOT the case.

Sadly, about one third of fatal collisions in my state involved alcohol impaired drivers ... and in my county, more than 80% of this last year's fatal collisions involved alcohol impaired drivers.

If you want to advocate for an easing of DUI laws in the US, go right ahead ... it won't gain much steam, but there are groups out there that lobby against DUI laws - or excesses, as they see it. So maybe you can find a home with one of them. In the meantime, the rest of us will continue to advocate for safer roads and against impaired driving.

- Carl

Default Re: Hiding the Smell of Alcohol

They only reason police and courts are tough on DUI is because MADD/state gives them grant money to fight DUI..

And MADD says we want to see results or we will withdrawl the grant money. So police goes out makes unlawfull bust and do whatever they have to satisfy the courts an MADD. Police agencies loves MADD grants because that allow extra money for overtime,bar,parties and who knows else..

And we all know police loves overtime....

O

Lucky you. I can probably roll the dice a bunch of times and never come up box cars
    Is the best you can come up...LOL thats was so weak and says hey you are right but i still dont want to admit

You appear to be baiting carl, for what purpose I can't imagine. All you need is a stronger smell then alcohol, bleach, ammonia, dog-crap, (a hard sell without a dog) curry etc. But that isn't his only tip and a strong smell may actually alert him. It's your pupils that tell him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MANswers

just hours ago i watched this TV show. pennies don't work neither does anything else.

well i must insert a disclaimer that they had no effect on a pbt.
    guy drank 5 beers in 30 mins and was pbt at .091

all the tricks and he still blew .090 at the lowest.

the best trick is drinking cherry cola with a cherry in it and people at the bar think your drinking rum and coke. if you're going to be tricky be tricky on the safe side..trick your peers!

Quote Quoting itsjustme
    View Post
    They only reason police and courts are tough on DUI is because MADD/state gives them grant money to fight DUI..
    I am not aware that MADD gives police money for enforcement. I write grants, and have yet to see one offered by MADD ... perhaps I have been lookin gin the wrong places.

And, of course the state gives police money to fight DUI. They also give money to fight gangs, domestic violence, child molestation, drug education, underage cigarette sales, underage alcohol sales, and even bicycle safety for kids.

And MADD says we want to see results or we will withdrawl the grant money.
    MADD has no control (read zero, zilch, none, nada) over the OTS grants.

So police goes out makes unlawfull bust and do whatever they have to satisfy the courts an MADD.
    Please cite your source for this outrageous claim.

Police agencies loves MADD grants because that allow extra money for overtime,bar,parties and who knows else..
    Yep. They allow funds for overtime ... not sure what you mean by funding "bar parties", but I can tell you the OTS money is not for social events, it is dedicated to enforcement activity. Yes, we appreciate the funding for enforcement. Without it, many agencies (like mine) might not have the resources to conduct stepped up enforcement during critical periods such as the holidays, and almost certainly would not be able to operate DUI checkpoints with any regularity. Budgets are tight, and having money available to dedicate to an important public need is great! Which is why we appreciate grants for gang enforcement activities and a host of others as well.

And we all know police loves overtime
    Once upon a time, I did ... nowadays, I don't. But, if you have the time and want the money, who doesn't enjoy the overtime?

Lucky you. I can probably roll the dice a bunch of times and never come up box cars
    Is the best you can come up...LOL thats was so weak and says hey you are right but i still dont want to admit
    I could come up with better, but calling you the names you deserve would violate my personal code of ethics, so I will choose not to do so. I'll let your words stand on their own.

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast