Default Suspension Pending Termination Options

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Michigan.

Before being terminated I was given the option to resign. I have been with the company 10+ years and am fully vested. Is early retirement an option to avoid losing my pension? Per my company only the hire date and end date is disclosed. How can I make sure I am eligible or at least increase my chances for unemployment if retiring is not an option?

Default Re: Suspension Pending Termination Options

If you are fully vested you will not lose your pension no matter what happens. That's what fully vested means.

I don't understand the rest of the question.

Sorry if the last part was confusing. How will resignation effect my eligibility for unemployment? Would it be better to take the termination in order to receive unemployment? 2nd concern: If this is not resolved before the first of the year when I would normally receive vacation time will I still get the vacation time? (pay for the time since I will be leaving)----Michigan

If you resign of your own accord, you will not get UI. If your employer tells you, resign or be fired, you will probably get UI but I can't guarantee it. If your employer fires you, you should get UI. Note: I do not work for the MI UI office and I can only give you probablities; only the MI UI office can give you guarantees.

Whether or not you will still receive the next year's vacation time, or vacation time at all, is up to your employer's policies. Neither Federal law nor Michigan law requires it.

1. Sponsored Links