Question Representative Payee

I recently was approved for SSDI, after more than 5 and 1/2 years. Social Security has informed me that I will require a Representative Payee. I do not believe I need one. I have lived independently my whole life and have always managed my fianaces without problems; and plan to continue to do so. Will a letter from my doctor suffice in stopping them from enforcing this upon me? Anyone else ever have this problem?

I believe all social security workers need to be to forced to take sensitivity training. They are the most arrogant, condescending, jerks I have ever had to deal with.

I'M SICK... NOT STUPID!!!

Ohio

Default Re: Representative Payee

It will be Social Security's decision. You can send them a letter from your doctor and/or talk to a social security lawyer & see if SS will change their decision.

Did you ask the Social Security office what might change their decision such as a letter from your doctor?

Thank you for responding. After having an actual face to face meeting with a SS representative they made the decision I did not need one.

But, for anyone else who may find themselves in this situation, you really don't have any say in the matter. Or does your attorney. It is what the Administrative Law Judge and SS decides. BUT, SS has the final say. Letters from your doctor(s) are helpful. They, SS, will take those into consideration.

Ohio

Quote Quoting WilliesGirl
    View Post
    Thank you for responding. After having an actual face to face meeting with a SS representative they made the decision I did not need one.

But, for anyone else who may find themselves in this situation, you really don't have any say in the matter. Or does your attorney. It is what the Administrative Law Judge and SS decides. BUT, SS has the final say. Letters from your doctor(s) are helpful. They, SS, will take those into consideration.

Ohio
    I do know this is an old topic.

You do have a choice, you can refuse your benefit or be uncooperative to the SS. You can also refuse to cooperate with the payee.

Did you know you can appeal Administrative Law Judge & SS decision to Federal Court? You have to pay the full cost.

I myself have a further question, I do that with a new post.

1. Sponsored Links