Default Adjoinging Property Has Road Frontage, Am I Required to Allow Access

I live in Alabama.
    I have a neighbor that is selling some swampland....this portion of land as road access in two places, one is basically out of the swamp and does not adjoin my property...the other road frontage is on my side of the swamp, but would require the new property owner to put in a road to access his useable land....just up the road from his access is an old drive way, that in no way granted access to his property, and it goes across someone else's property, before it reaches mine, and then it crosses another parcel of land before it reaches the "back" piece of the swamp land, where there are a couple of acres that are not swampy.

My problem is that the seller of the property has told the real estate agent that to tell others that they have to go across my land in order to get to the back of the property. There is an easement drawn in the plat which shows access to my land (which was before it got road frontage on another side of land)...and access to the property mine was split off of...which was not part of the property currently in question.) The real estate agent, the surveyor, and who ever else, are entering my property from the road frontage now on the other side of my land and crossing my fields in order to access the property that is for sale.

If there is road frontage...are they leagally allowed to cross my property in this way?

Default Re: Adjoinging Property Has Road Frontage, Am I Required to Allow Access

It has nothing to do with road frontage. You need to have an attorney write them a letter stating that there is no easement and to cease and desist.

1. Sponsored Links