Default Probation Expiration and Interstate Compact

My question involves criminal law for the state of: KS/MO

I'm trying to determine if either KS or MO still has any "pull" with me after the expiration of my probation (My offense was a felony drug offense in Kansas and I've went through the interstate compact and now reside in MO). My understanding is that the power of the court to revoke probation after the expiration of probation extends only when a violation occurs during the original term of the probation, and that extension is only to be for a reasonable amount of time to resolve the matter. In my understanding, the two circumstances under which probation can be revoked after expiration is when a delay is necessary to resolve a violation and a summons or warrant was issued prior to the expiration.

My situation is that my probation has expired, but I have not received any paperwork or had to sign anything stating that I'm off of probation and so I'm worried about going out and having a drink to celebrate. I believe that I won't run into any problems, but am not sure. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or guidance you can provide. Take care!

Default Re: Probation Expiration and Interstate Compact

My situation is that my probation has expired, but I have not received any paperwork or had to sign anything stating that I'm off of probation
    Have you contacted your PO to ask what the holdup is?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

1. Sponsored Links