Default Re: Hiding the Smell of Alcohol

Quote Quoting kist
    View Post
    You appear to be baiting carl, for what purpose I can't imagine. All you need is a stronger smell then alcohol, bleach, ammonia, dog-crap, (a hard sell without a dog) curry etc. But that isn't his only tip and a strong smell may actually alert him. It's your pupils that tell him.
    You didn't know, Carl's part time job is at the zoo, feeding Trolls.

Default Re: DUI in California, First Offense

Quote Quoting itsjustme
    View Post
    Yea it would. As it would be safer if u didnt use your cell phone and drive, or talk on your police radio and drive, or get behind cars and run tags on your mini cop cpu while driving.. But all in all its not illegal to drink and drive so i will continue with caution as everybody else does
    WOW! I have been an idiot with 2 DUI's but never snubb my nose at the law/law enforcement like that! Ever think you can kill some one?

One DUI here - Fortunately there was no accident.

I will have to give it to our troll. It is not illegal to drink and drive. It is illegal to drink and drive when you are appreciably impaired OR when your blood alcohol content, as measured on the breath, is 2100

Regarding their little cop mini-CPUs, they are actually Panasonic Toughbooks. These babies are practically indestructible under most conditions. A bullet will go through them. ...and I have never seen (or heard of) anyone get rear-ended by an officer running plats on his/her computer. In fact, my guess is going to be that their use of the device makes the world a much safer place. ...and the police officers go through hours and hours of training on how to drive, how to use their computers, and after a few months many officers should be able to drive, use their computer, and recognize if a car inches over the centerline and smishes a mouse turd on the very edge of the line.

Yes, people should shut up and drive. Yes, talking and driving as well as driving when tired is dangerous. Just because it is not illegal everywhere does not mean it is not safe! Some of the same DUI technologies that are going to be in cars can detect driving while tired. Too bad they can't tell if there is a hand attached to the cellphone against the ear.

Quit being an @$$; people like Carl make this world go around safely and he is a veteran officer and you are just a stupid troll. Yes, I took the trollbait.

Quote Quoting usedbranflakes
    View Post
    and the police officers go through hours and hours of training on how to drive, how to use their computers, and after a few months many officers should be able to drive, use their computer, and recognize if a car inches over the centerline and smishes a mouse turd on the very edge of the line.
    In my old agency in So. Cal. we used to joke that you could not clear field training until you were able to call a high speed pursuit, not crash or endanger other vehicles, while eating a burrito, and not lose a drop of your coffee by the time you have to foot bail after the suspect.

In reality, you know something is going down when you suddenly see a cup of coffee and a burrito get tossed out of the cop's window ... in reality, we don't WANT to have those things in our hands. That's why I never get my coffee in a personal coffee mug ... there is no such thing as a spill proof coffee mug, by the way - I don't care WHAT they advertise! My dry cleaning bills attest to this fact of life!

- Carl

1. Sponsored Links