Default Never Paid DUI Fine from 6 Years Ago

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California.

Ok guys and gals heres the scoop. back in December 2002 I was a major idiot and was arrested for a DUI. Flash forward 3 months to March 2003 and I get convicted. I have a $1500 DUI fine to pay but always thought they would bill me in the mail for it, boy was I wrong! Fast forward to now, December 2008 and I look up my case file online and I see that it wasnt paid of course and I have some actions pending against me. Below is what the courts have for me:

Action Date Action Text Disposition Hearing Type Image
    09/12/2008 FTP WARNING NOTICE MAILED PER 1214.1(A) PC
    09/07/2008 FTP WARRANT 8BH TYPE AUTOMATICALLY REQUESTED.
    04/18/2008 UN200512052213
    02/21/2006 ELECTRONIC 8715 DISPOSITION GENERATED
    12/05/2005 NN000000000000

Now what does all this mean? Thanks.

Default Re: Never Paid DUI Fine from 6 Years Ago

It looks like there's a warrant out for your arrest, and that recently you were mailed a warning notice under the following statutory provision, presumably warning of civil enforcement of your unpaid fine:
    Quote Quoting California Penal Code, 1214.
    (a) If the judgment is for a fine, including a restitution fine ordered pursuant to Section 1202.4, 1202.44, or 1202.45, or Section 1203.04 as operative on or before August 2, 1995, or Section 13967 of the Government Code, as operative on or before September 28, 1994, with or without imprisonment, or a diversion restitution fee ordered pursuant to Section 1001.90, the judgment may be enforced in the manner provided for the enforcement of money judgments generally. Any portion of a restitution fine or restitution fee that remains unsatisfied after a defendant is no longer on probation or parole or has completed diversion is enforceable by the California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board pursuant to this section. Notwithstanding any other provision of law prohibiting disclosure, the state, as defined in Section 900.6 of the Government Code, a local public entity, as defined in Section 900.4 of the Government Code, or any other entity, may provide the California Victim Compensation and Government Claims Board any and all information to assist in the collection of unpaid portions of a restitution fine for terminated probation or parole cases, or of a restitution fee for completed diversion cases. For purposes of the preceding sentence, "state, as defined in Section 900.6 of the Government Code," and "any other entity" shall not include the Franchise Tax Board.

Yeah I figured that it meant I had a bench warrant, when I was convicted it was 2003 in another county, the one I grew up in. Ive since moved to two other countys. This is just a warrant for Failure To Pay as in FTP I presume. I take it they will not come looking for me but will haul me in when I get stopped driving. A week from tomorrow I am going to go down to the court house on my own recognizance and speak to the judge. But first Im going to call the courts haha. I guess Ill just have to make arrangements to pay the fine, the info that I posted it says that they mailed a notice in September, you would think they would have looked up my address in the DMV database first, oh well.

I just called, I have no arrest warrant but its at collections and they are getting ready to add $300 to the fine balance. Have to call tomorrow, the clerks office also said that I have a balance from the year 2000 for an unsafe passing etc and thats $143 but I know I paid that

1. Sponsored Links